Booting PC Very Slow.

Daniel_418

Commendable
Feb 3, 2017
So i have no problems using my PC generally and it works absolutely fine. I've replaced a lot of the parts myself (including the hard drive, with another used one, after one failed) however since i have upgraded to Windows 10, which was months ago,
I've been having a problem to where, whenever i press the power button:
my PC simply turns on for a split second,
then turns off, then turns on for about 2 seconds,
then turns off, then turns on about 5 seconds,
then turns off and finally turns on fully,

However then it just seems to boot to my bios screen and have a black screen booting into Windows unless i wait for 5-10 minutes, so i usually restart my PC at that time, (not to mention, whenever the first problem occurs of pressing the power button, i just flip my power switch on my PSU, drain all the power from the capacitors and turn it on, which then it turns on perfectly fine) so once i restart my PC it turns on normally however EXTREMELY slow, and takes maybe 1-2 minutes to boot, then to log in and load all my things it takes maybe 15-20 minutes before it's not slow and freezing up. This is a big problem and i'd love to know the solution. I have perfectly good hardware, so i don't see that being a problem.

CPU: I7 3770

GPU: GTX 750 TI

HDD: 250GB Seagate 7200rpm

RAM: 8GB DDR3 running @ 1333MHz

PSU: Some (Tier 3?) Antec 550W

Thanks.

One thing i forgot to mention: It also likes to randomly turn itself off if i leave it alone for over 20-30 minutes

Solution
what motherboard?

Turn off fast startup and see if that helps as it sounds like something in your PC really doesn't like the new power modes in win 10. Turning it off means when you shut PC down, it actually turns on. With it on, PC uses hybrid hibernate when its shut off - its sleeping, not actually off. IT is meant to speed up start up by saving a copy ofi the kernel + active drivers into ram.

Colif

Win 11 Master
what motherboard?

Turn off fast startup and see if that helps as it sounds like something in your PC really doesn't like the new power modes in win 10. Turning it off means when you shut PC down, it actually turns on. With it on, PC uses hybrid hibernate when its shut off - its sleeping, not actually off. IT is meant to speed up start up by saving a copy ofi the kernel + active drivers into ram.

Solution

Daniel_418

Commendable
Feb 3, 2017

My motherboard is an Asrock H61M-HVS, had it since my PC was built for about 3-4 years. I think that definitely could be the problem, i do love it when everything starts as it always does from the day before however it's very slow and has lots of problems with my PC so i will try turning off that option you mentioned. Will be sure to follow up. Thanks.

Fast startup was enabled - just disabled it, usually the problems occur when i turn it off overnight not just a quit off and on. So i'll be sure to follow up the next morning if it turns on normally. Thanks for your help!

Daniel_418

Commendable
Feb 3, 2017

Running great with no problems. Thanks for resolving it for me.

TRENDING THREADS