Question Booting problem

CaptainUselessMan

Reputable
Feb 3, 2020
Hi.So I got windows 10 and it was installed for some time and l tried to reinstall the window again with a usb stick and I get a error:

"Windows manager boot.Windows failed to start.A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.File:\Boot\BCD. And status 0xc0000098"

Now indeed I tried a different HDD so that cause the problem.But the other problem is I cant fix it.This error appears only when I'm trying to boot from USB to get into the windows installation , if I'm trying to boot into the windows that is already installed it's all fine.But I cant use this windows that I have right now I wanna install a fresh one.

Also I tried a few things by searching the problem first so let me tell you about them:

• I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the HDD
  • I tried a different HDD and still same error ,
  • I tried in cmd commands bootrec /fixboot and others commands rebuild bcd and others ,
  • I tried windows repair and its said it cant be repaired ,
  • I tried in bios to change the boot order from USB to HDD and them from HDD to USB and still nothing.

So.... I dont know what else to do.I dont care about the windows that is installed right now so if it's there any solution to hard reset the whole pc or something I'll do it , I'll do anything just to resolve the problem.I also gonna repeat myself the thing appears only when I'm trying to install the windows , not when I'm trying to boot the windows.

stevwolf

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010
C'mon now.... I post this thread so many times on so many sites.. nobody is that smart to fix this thing ........
Not a solution, but have you tried booting other usb keys if you have them, some third party what ever, just to see if the sytem is working properly. Also have you tried changing the boot in bios to legacy to see if its formatted differently?

Here is what google shows.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqC3eX5EN6A

CaptainUselessMan

Reputable
Feb 3, 2020
Not a solution, but have you tried booting other usb keys if you have them, some third party what ever, just to see if the sytem is working properly. Also have you tried changing the boot in bios to legacy to see if its formatted differently?
I tried other usb keys and if legacy mean default settings then yes I tried that too.

CaptainUselessMan

Reputable
Feb 3, 2020
The problem is from what I see this error was supposed to happend when you open your windows not when you try to install the win ... so basically I'm dealing with a non sense <Mod Edit> that makes no sense.This is just cursed

Last edited by a moderator:

stevwolf

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010
I dont know if the USB fails before you start the install or not, but if before you could put in another computer and see if it starts up. That will tell you if the usb is the problem or the computer.

CaptainUselessMan

Reputable
Feb 3, 2020
So I really need to enter the repair mode that's starting if you restart the pc but every time I wait for it instead of entering the automatic repair mode it's saying " recovery your pc couldn't start properly error code 0xc00000e9 " I cant open the windows cuz I'm getting blue screen and I also can't use a usb with the windows setup cuz of a different problem.I have a recovery point saved and I wanna use it but I cant open the automatic repair and also safe mode not working and if I try to f8 to advanced mode nothing is happening...So what can I do to enter the automatic repair so I can use the recovery mode?

Colif

Win 11 Master
and I also can't use a usb with the windows setup cuz of a different problem.
whats different problem?

0xc00000e9 is a boot error so best bet you have is to boot off the usb. Something amiss with the boot files on C drive.

F8 won't get you into safe mode as its disabled at boot. Only way to get into safe mode requires windows to at least get to the logon screen, or for you to get into recovery first.

stevwolf

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010
Hate to be annoying but first dont just say need help. You will be better off with a little description as then people who are scanning the titles might say Oh I see his problem and can help cause I know the answer. Rather than Pass...

Anyway Your going to have to get your recovery or reinstall cd/USB working. You cant get to the recovery portion because possible its broken before it gets there. If the ignition of the car is broken you cant start the perfectly good engine. If you can start the cd/usb then you can on the install software press repair and get some troubleshoot options. There are no miracles.

CaptainUselessMan

Reputable
Feb 3, 2020
whats different problem?

0xc00000e9 is a boot error so best bet you have is to boot off the usb. Something amiss with the boot files on C drive.

F8 won't get you into safe mode as its disabled at boot. Only way to get into safe mode requires windows to at least get to the logon screen, or for you to get into recovery first.
Well the problem is
whats different problem?

Well when I try to put the usb and boot into the windows setup it's says "Windows manager boot.Windows failed to start.A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.File:\Boot\BCD. And status 0xc0000098" So I can't do nothing about it ... I swap recently my HDD and since then I got this error when I'm trying to install the windows.It's not the HDD fault cuz I tried with others and still got the error, I actually made another thread on this subject.So ...yeah... idk what to do

CaptainUselessMan

Reputable
Feb 3, 2020
Hate to be annoying but first dont just say need help. You will be better off with a little description as then people who are scanning the titles might say Oh I see his problem and can help cause I know the answer. Rather than Pass...

Anyway Your going to have to get your recovery or reinstall cd/USB working. You cant get to the recovery portion because possible its broken before it gets there. If the ignition of the car is broken you cant start the perfectly good engine. If you can start the cd/usb then you can on the install software press repair and get some troubleshoot options. There are no miracles.
I know I shoud be more specific with my title but Im very very tired of this thing I post so many thread on so many sites and nobody can solve this cursed pc...for days and days ..Also I don,t know exactly how do i do what you said since i can't do nothing , i can't boot to windows , i can't boot to windows install setup i can't use automatic repair , i cant go to safe or advanced mode..

Well when I try to put the usb and boot into the windows setup it's says "Windows manager boot.Windows failed to start.A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.File:\Boot\BCD. And status 0xc0000098" So I can't do nothing about it
Disconnect all your storage devices and try to boot from USB windows installation media.
Do you get the same error?
If yes, then installation media is faulty. Recreate it.

If you're not getting the same error, then previously you were booting from some other device (not your USB drive).

CaptainUselessMan

Reputable
Feb 3, 2020
Disconnect all your storage devices and try to boot from USB windows installation media.
Do you get the same error?
If yes, then installation media is faulty. Recreate it.

If you're not getting the same error, then previously you were booting from some other device (not your USB drive).
I disconnected my HDD and yes I got the same error , so that means is the usb stick fault right? I shoud just recreate the win installation , right?