Booting problem

marcflorence

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
Good day guys!

I got troubled with my rig, I recently upgraded my motherboard to Asus Striker II formula. The problems is when i switched on the CPU it takes one to two minutes before the ROG logo appears, from that time(1-2 minutes)the motherboard is on, the video card is running(the fan is around 50%+ then back to 20% then back to 50% vice versa... until the system start up it back to normal 20%)

Also, i cant use the PCI-E slot 2.0, when the card slotted in PCI-E 2.0 the monitor just blinking for the whole time(exactly the same like what I stated above about the slow or long boot time that takes one to two minutes)

So im using 1.0 x16 instead :(

Here's my spec

Asus Striker II Formula
E8400 (no oc)
MSI n250gts 1gb 256bit OC ver
2x2gb Kingston 667 ddr2(not low profile)
320gb HDD seagate (sata)
80gb HDD western digital (sata)
Creative Sound Blaster VX (i dont have the original supreme fx II of mobo so i use this)
Tacens Supero 600w
LG dvdrw optical drive (sata)

Accessories
Deepcool Rockman
Deep Cool Ice blade, push pull setup (stock fan + 1pc windblade)
120mm stockfan of aerocool vs-9
120mm x4pcs deepcool windblade fans

Note:
old mobo:asrock conroe 1333 667

what seems to be the problem?
:((

marcflorence

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
Up for this.

Problem still exists :(

let's set aside the one to two minute boot (someone told me thats normal for this mobo)

what i really concerned now is that i cant put my video card in 2.0 x16 pcie slot. :((

eightdrunkengods

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011
Aww, man. :(

Which version of the BIOS you are running? There have been a lot of BIOS updates for that board - one has something to do with long boot times. If you have the current BIOS already, try clearing the CMOS. This will reset all of your BIOS settings. Did you buy this motherboard new?

Make sure your graphics card is installed in the recommended slot. Check your manual. I think they suggest the top blue one.

here's a link to the manual (in case you don't have it). You can find your BIOS for download on that page as well.

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_775/Striker_II_Formula/#download

marcflorence

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
^ kinda same

btw i got the latest bios and im the second owner of this motherboard but it seems kinda brandnew since the first owner open it to test.

maybe ill look for some solutions over the net, also ill try to ask asus support.

btw man, thanks a lot.

eightdrunkengods

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011

Definitely try clearing the CMOS if that motherboard was set up for a different system.