Question Booting problems after EZ Tuning...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 7, 2021
Hi all,

I recently assembled my computer with the following specs:

ASUS x570 ROG Crosshair Viii Formula
AMD 5900x
ASUS GeForce RTX 3060 Ti ROG Strix
Gskill TridentZ 4x8 GB 3600 Mhz DDR4
Phanteks P500A case.

It posted just fine, entered BIOS, changed frequency of RAM to 3600Mhz. Then I made the idiotic mistake of entering the EZ-Tuner. After it was done with the profile, it wouldn't post. I cleared the CMOS and it defaulted back to settings and everything was up and running again... except for two things (well two related things, so one issue) - the RGB on the case fans and motherboard (which were working fine in the case till the EZ Tuner debacle) no longer come on. The fans themselves work fine and I've successfully set fan curves for them and they respond well. However, when plugged into the ARGB header on the motherboard the lights won't come on. If disconnected from the header the lights work fine (which means the fans are fully functional). Again, however, when plugged into the ARGB (3-pin) header on the motherboard (of which there are two on the formula and it doesn't matter which one it is plugged into) the ARGB function ceases. I'd like to be able to control the lights via Aura so that the GPU, RAM, motherboard and fans are all synchronized.

My questions are - what has happened? Is there a setting or something I've missed which has turned the RGB on the motherboard and the fans off altogether? I imagine this would be controlled in the BIOS, so what changes would I need to make to fix it (if indeed it can (I hope!) be fixed).

Best,
Sam

Feb 7, 2021
So, the fallout from the EZ tuning occurred via bios before the installation of an OS (it is a clean build). So the mobo lighting and fan lighting issues occurred prior to the installation of Aura Sync. Post installation of the OS, Aura Sync seems fine at handling the RAM and GPU lights, however, it doesn't seem to do anything with the motherboard at all. In fact, both the ARGB headers on the mobo are Gen 2 (per ASUS) but Aura Sync only calls them Gen 1 (which is disconcerting).

To ensure thoroughness, however, I did uninstall Aura Sync, reboot and reinstall Aura Sync but see the same as before (i.e. no mobo or fan RGBs).

Feb 7, 2021
Here are the things that I've tried to no avail:

1) Switching the case fan connections from one ARGB header to the next (ADD GEN2_1 and ADD GEN2_2)

2) Going into BIOS and changing “APM Configuration”, “ErP Ready” from “Disabled” to “Enable(S4+S5)”

3) Ensuring that the “RGB LED Lighting” option, "When system is in working state" = "All On" and the second input, "When systems in in sleep, hibernate or soft off states" = "Stealth Mode"

4) Powering down the PC and unplugging it from the power source. Then holding down the “Clear CMOS” button for 15 seconds and releasing prior to powering it all back up.

5) Reflashing Aura which led to the ASUS Aura update tool giving the following message:
Loading Aura FW… OK
Didn’t find any Aura MB devices

Status
Not open for further replies.