Booting problems after new mobo CPU and ram

HenriqueA

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017
So I bought some new parts for my pc, msi b350m mortar, 1 8gb ram stick and 1 4gb ram and a ryzen 5 1600. After I switched the old parts I tried to boot my pc. The problem is after a dew seconds both my CPU and gpu fans stop spinning and only the CPU starts again, and I can't get past the the bios settings screen, it seem like my hdd is not being detected, and when it is detected is shows as 0.0gb. I also don't get any kind of beeps and get the message that there is no bootable media avaliable. I don't know what is the problem, can it be with the hdd, the mobo or is it somewhere else?

Kristofuz

Reputable
Nov 27, 2014

Try removing 1 of the ram sticks. All the ram sticks have to be the same amount of memory if i remember correctly. Try with only 8gb.

HenriqueA

Prominent
Aug 8, 2017
i tried taking off 1 of the ram sticks but no different results. No beeps and i can only go to bios settings screen. My mobo recognizes optical drive but not hdd. I tried to do a clean istall of windows but when selecting drive to install it says i have no space because it's 0.0gb. I really don't know how tro proceed, my bet is that the hdd has failed and i need a new one, which is a better alternative than changing mobo again. i also believe that the ram sticks only need to be the same speeds.