Status
Not open for further replies.

tonysama916

Honorable
Feb 23, 2012
Hello. First I would like to thank everyone for reading this long post. I will try to be as concise as possible to give the forum a good understanding of my problem.

Problem: Computer will not boot when attempting to power on unless I do a hard reset on the PSU (switch the button from 0 to 1). After turning on, the computer will bring me to the UEFI BIOS where I have to select which drive to boot from.

My Current Build:
Case: Antec Eleven Hundred
Motherboard: Asus P8P67 B3 Revision
CPU: Intel Xeon E31245 @ 3.3 GHz
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60
GPU: Asus GTX 560 Ti Direct Cu II
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4) @ 1600mhz
SSD: Intel 320 300GB @ 3.0 Gb/s
HDD: WD Caviar Green 2TB @ 5400 RPM
Sound Card: Asus Xonar DG
PSU: Cooler Master GX 750W
Case Fans: 3x 120mm (2 intake) ; 200mm (exhaust)

History:
My very first computer build was a similar set up except it had a Zalman Heatsink 120mm fan and Corsair 4GB XMS @ 1333Mhz memory in a Cooler Master Elite 430 case. After I put everything together I went to power the system on and it did not boot. After getting rid of the rat's nest of the wires the system booted fine and I thought nothing of it.

During 7 months of use, it rarely had random restarts. It happened about once a month.

3 Weeks ago, I decided I wanted a Corsair H60. I had to take my system apart to install it into such a tiny case and this is when this problem first started to occur. I remembered I had a rat's nest cable problem so I decided to go out and buy a case with great cable management.

2 Weeks ago I bought the Antec Eleven Hundred and was completely meticulous with my cable management (looks pretty damn impressive). There is no rat's nest whats so ever... but this problem still occurred. So I did some research and came up to with the conclusion that it must be a faulty PSU.

Today I went out and bought a brand new Corsair TX650M PSU. I spent 5 hours tearing down my system and putting it back together only to discover that it has the same problem.

I am completely frustrated and don't know what my next step is. I now suspect the motherboard but would like some input on where to go from here, any advice is welcomed.

Again, sorry for the long post and thank you in advanced.

U can use the screw driver(at the missing jumper place) to short and clear the CMOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS