Booting up Asus

WilliamGuitarded1

Reputable
Aug 20, 2014
I bought this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1716535: this has all of the specs of every piece.
I put it all together and read all of the manuals thoroughly and it turns on and I can get into the BIOS but I can't boot up the computer. Every time I try I get an Error message saying:

Reboot and Select proper Boot device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key.

I have read quite a lot of forums on here and on other sights and I've seen other people with this error message but I have not seen as many solutions and none have helped me.
The only chord that isn't plugged into anything is the 6+2Pin power supply chord. Doesn't look like there is a place for it though. Also there is a 2 by 4 of pins on the HDD that doesnt belong to any chords. both L shaped plugs on the HDD or connected. should only one of them be?

Solution
By Windows 8.1 ready they probably mean the motherboard itself is ready for Windows 8.1 and it's features. You need to buy a copy of Windows for the PC to work. A disk copy with a product key usually costs around $100. Motherboard CDs do not come equipped with Windows.

gear999

Reputable
Jun 19, 2014
I know this is an extremely stupid question and sorry if I sound like I think you know nothing but do you have Windows installed already? You have to install Windows first in order boot.

WilliamGuitarded1

Reputable
Aug 20, 2014
Valid question. I was actually wondering the same thing. I do know that you need to have an OS in order to boot, but I do not know if it is already there. Newegg and This CD have said it comes "Windows 8.1 Ready," I tried booting from the CD. It didn't work obviously. Is there something else I need to do with the disk?
The disks main title is "A55BM Series: AMD A55 Chipset Support DVD Rev.1127.07

gear999

Reputable
Jun 19, 2014
By Windows 8.1 ready they probably mean the motherboard itself is ready for Windows 8.1 and it's features. You need to buy a copy of Windows for the PC to work. A disk copy with a product key usually costs around $100. Motherboard CDs do not come equipped with Windows.

Solution