booting W2K from D:

After having probs with W2K in C: I setup a copy in D:
this was fine until I decided to re-format C: to make some
space.
Should there be some file in C: to tell it that W2K is now
in D: ? I don't want to lose any settings or data
tia
Philip

philip

Perform a manual repair, and select all three options, see this MS
Knowledge Base article:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=238359

Best regards

Bjorn
Microsoft MVP (Windows Server - File System)

"philip43" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>After having probs with W2K in C: I setup a copy in D:
>this was fine until I decided to re-format C: to make some
>space.
>Should there be some file in C: to tell it that W2K is now
>in D: ? I don't want to lose any settings or data
>tia
>Philip

hellow

the boot.ini file in c:\ contian the boot message of your multi
system
for example the boot.ini

[boot loader]
timeout=30
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003,
Enterprise" /fastdetect
C:\="Previous Operating System on C:"

jackjiangjie