Booting with a Black Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

dotachilles

Reputable
Aug 2, 2015
Ok Guys. I don't know if you have heard of this problem but while in windows 8, i lost all my drivers because i was downgrading. But the problem is I used Samsung's SW Updater and was updating all my drivers automatically until it came across the BIOS update. It froze my screen during this update so i waited about 6 hours before force restarting. Now my computer boots with a black screen and the hard drive light comes on for the first like 5 seeconds before it turns off (the computer and fans still go just the hard drive light turns off). I have done so many things and even sent the laptop to Samsung for repair. They told me that my NP700Z5A - S04US laptop costs $950 in repairs because of a bunch of motherboard and screen issues. All help will be much appreciated and I am able to open the laptop if you want me to change stuff. I can answer any questions.

Solution
So the bad news is that there is not a single ebay listing for that full laptop or motherboard, at least not in the US. The issue is with Samsung support, the BIOS update looks to have killed the system, if it goes bad, the computer won't work. It may have just happened that the motherboard failed at the same time, which is possible but a bit of a stretch for a coincidence. If you are not in the US, check your local consumer laws and see if there are extended protection you may have outside of the warranty since this issues happened when using their utility.

Otherwise you would need to track down either a used system of the same model or a motherboard to swap out so you can use your existing hard drive and not lose any files or...
So the bad news is that there is not a single ebay listing for that full laptop or motherboard, at least not in the US. The issue is with Samsung support, the BIOS update looks to have killed the system, if it goes bad, the computer won't work. It may have just happened that the motherboard failed at the same time, which is possible but a bit of a stretch for a coincidence. If you are not in the US, check your local consumer laws and see if there are extended protection you may have outside of the warranty since this issues happened when using their utility.

Otherwise you would need to track down either a used system of the same model or a motherboard to swap out so you can use your existing hard drive and not lose any files or settings.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.