Question bootloader- delete old entries

LuckLess_7

Reputable
Sep 12, 2016
So let's say I have two drives.
1 NVME, which contains the Windows Bootloader on a 100 MB partition. Pretty basic.
2. An SSD drive, which I installed, for testing purposes, a couple of linux distros on. Alongside with their respective bootloaders/GRUBS

No, during Boot when I press F8 there are lots of entries that in reality don't sit on none of my drives anymore. I tried Ubuntu, then completely removed Ubuntu, but the entry for Ubuntu in the Boot Options is still there.

How can I remove them?

Sep 28, 2019
Maybe, windows has added the boot sector of ubuntu to primary disk(NVME), not sure.

try this
in Windows press Windows + R keys (or simple search prompt)
Search for msconfig and enter.
Go to boot tab, and check if your unappreciated boot record there, make sure you remove the correct one, triple check everything before you do anything.

Hope it helps.

LuckLess_7

Reputable
Sep 12, 2016
Well, you see I have two drives. One NVME Drive and one SSD drive. The NVME drive has the Windows Install on it. It also has the Windows bootloader. The SSD Drive has the Linux Bootloader, GRUB.

So two drives with two bootloaders. The Windows bootloader on the NVME Drive is fine. It has only one entry. The Grub Bootoader is also not the problem.

The Problem is that the entries are in the UEFI BIOS. Where it lets you select from which device to boot. It seems every time I installed a OS one entry got saved, but as soon as I deleted the OS the entry didn't get deleted.

So there must be some storage space on the UEFI BIOS that I would have to access to clean.

I mean it's not a problem per se, it's just cluttered and I'd like things clean.

TRENDING THREADS