Question BOOTLOG_NOT LOADED dxkrnl.sys

60frames

Great
Jun 4, 2019
I am using windows 10 and I re-installed windows just few months ago. I was having some errors since I built my computer 2 years ago. The errors were related to GPU service called amdkmdap. To figure out what was happening I enabled boot log option and I saw that a component called dxkrnl.sys was not loaded. My drivers are up to date and I flashed the BIOS to latest version but I still get the error. I used DDU and I always use WHQL certified updates. A sevice called NDProxy.sys is also having same issues. My specs are-
CPU-Ryzen 3 1200
GPU- RX 460 4GB
MOTHERBOARD-AB350M GAMING 3
RAM-16GB
PSU-CX 450
OS-WINDOWS 1903 with lates updates
I have already installed directx components using web installer months ago so it should be something else causing issues.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Are you getting slow boot times?

NDProxy - NDPROXY is a system-provided driver that interfaces NDISWAN and CoNDIS WAN drivers (WAN miniport drivers, call managers, and miniport call managers) to the TAPI services. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/network/ndproxy-overview

have you tried this?

right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC

60frames

Great
Jun 4, 2019
Are you getting slow boot times?

NDProxy - NDPROXY is a system-provided driver that interfaces NDISWAN and CoNDIS WAN drivers (WAN miniport drivers, call managers, and miniport call managers) to the TAPI services. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/network/ndproxy-overview

have you tried this?

right click start button
choose powershell (admin)
type SFC /scannow and press enter
once its completed, copy/paste this command into same window:
Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth
and press enter

SFC fixes system files, second command cleans image files, re run SFC if it failed to fix all files and restart PC
Tried that before. But because you are saying let me give it another go.

Colif

Win 11 Master
another choice is run chkdsk c: /f in command prompt (admin)
it will come back with an error so agree to run at startup
restart PC and let chkdsk run.

/f fixes file system. It might help.

only suggesting it as i helped someone else with same error only yesterday and these were steps I offered then.

DX 12 comes with win 10, you shouldn't need to update it manually.

60frames

Great
Jun 4, 2019
another choice is run chkdsk c: /f in command prompt (admin)
it will come back with an error so agree to run at startup
restart PC and let chkdsk run.

/f fixes file system. It might help.

only suggesting it as i helped someone else with same error only yesterday and these were steps I offered then.

DX 12 comes with win 10, you shouldn't need to update it manually.
Trying all these. Thanks for the help.

Colif

Win 11 Master
curious, how many times does it say BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys in the bootlog?

most people with this error also have slow boot times, its why I asked.

Try simplifying your configuration by keeping only your mouse and keyboard attached, that means:

Disconnecting multiple display monitors.

Remove discrete video cards, use the on-board graphics if your motherboard supports it.

Swap out memory modules - a RAM module might be corrupt - you can also ensure RAM sticks are installed slots 1 and 3. Your RAM modules might be corrupt, try scanning them for errors.
https://www.groovypost.com/howto/use-the-memory...

If you have more than one hard disk installed, disconnect all except the target disk where Windows 10 will be installed.

Reset your BIOS Defaults.
https://www.groovypost.com/howto/reset-pc-bios-...

microsoft link

60frames

Great
Jun 4, 2019
curious, how many times does it say BOOTLOG_NOT_LOADED \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys in the bootlog?

most people with this error also have slow boot times, its why I asked.

microsoft link
5 for dxgkrnl.sys and 4 for NDProxy.sys. It could be driver related. Also here are the results-
First command-Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violation.
2nd-image health state-healthy
3rd -Volume is in use by another process.
Last BIOS time-12 seconds(task manager)

Colif

Win 11 Master
they seem to be linked in some way, as if you search either process you find the other as well. Everyone except you is reporting slow boots.

chkdsk should have popped up 2 paragraphs after you clicked enter
if you press Y to agree to run at startup, it bypasses the error about Volume is in use by another process.
then restart PC to run chkdsk, think you need to press a key to get it run

not sure it will tell me anything but
right click start
choose run...
type dxdiag and press enter
click on the save all information button
a file explorer window opens, create a text file somewhere you can find
upload text file to a file sharing website and show link here

60frames

Great
Jun 4, 2019
they seem to be linked in some way, as if you search either process you find the other as well. Everyone except you is reporting slow boots.

chkdsk should have popped up 2 paragraphs after you clicked enter
if you press Y to agree to run at startup, it bypasses the error about Volume is in use by another process.
then restart PC to run chkdsk, think you need to press a key to get it run

not sure it will tell me anything but
right click start
choose run...
type dxdiag and press enter
click on the save all information button
a file explorer window opens, create a text file somewhere you can find
upload text file to a file sharing website and show link here
I ran chkdsk and it did nothing.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x53EBdMEVZbAn6tBtxV2-dz23QYBWohR/view
The very last paras look important.

Colif

Win 11 Master
So 4 of the windows errors right at end all blame this - atieclxx which stands for AMD ATI External Events Client Module
Your version of atieclxx is dated 31 May 2019 - part of GPU drivers

3 errors listed appear to be when PC restarts after a crash and is running startup repair
first 3 were games crashing, Just Cause 4 & Fallout 4

Radar Pre Leak 64 -
RADAR is the slightly inexact acronym for Microsoft's Windows Resource Exhaustion Detection and Resolution feature. One component of this feature is the Resource Exhaustion Resolver, which "notifies you of the three top resource consumers so that you can take action by shutting one or more of these applications down to increase resource availability".

One of the Event IDs used by the Resource Exhaustion Resolver is 1001, which is what you're seeing. Here are the details for event ID 1001. [/quote[
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1322989

TIL what RADAR means in windows 10.

When your system has a critical amount of memory committed to applications, the Resource Exhaustion Resolver component of Windows Resource Exhaustion Detection and Resolution (RADAR) provides details about corrective action you can take to recover system resources by shutting down the top resource consumers.

Looks like it runs to id the programs using most ram. It appears you may have a memory leak (mostly caused by drivers)

Its possible that one of your other drivers is asking for ram and never giving it back once its finished, that is called a memory elak and eventually the PC runs out of memory it can free and crashes.

Did you use the Gigabyte App Centre to confirm you have latest drivers?

After running DDU, instead of getting drivers from AMD, try running windows update and let windows find drives for card. If they anything like Nvidia's. they may be older and more stable.

60frames

Great
Jun 4, 2019
So 4 of the windows errors right at end all blame this - atieclxx which stands for AMD ATI External Events Client Module
Your version of atieclxx is dated 31 May 2019 - part of GPU drivers

3 errors listed appear to be when PC restarts after a crash and is running startup repair
first 3 were games crashing, Just Cause 4 & Fallout 4

Radar Pre Leak 64 -

TIL what RADAR means in windows 10.

When your system has a critical amount of memory committed to applications, the Resource Exhaustion Resolver component of Windows Resource Exhaustion Detection and Resolution (RADAR) provides details about corrective action you can take to recover system resources by shutting down the top resource consumers.

Looks like it runs to id the programs using most ram. It appears you may have a memory leak (mostly caused by drivers)

Its possible that one of your other drivers is asking for ram and never giving it back once its finished, that is called a memory elak and eventually the PC runs out of memory it can free and crashes.

Did you use the Gigabyte App Centre to confirm you have latest drivers?

After running DDU, instead of getting drivers from AMD, try running windows update and let windows find drives for card. If they anything like Nvidia's. they may be older and more stable.

Gigabyte app center is crap. I just uninstalled it because it was useless. I have reported my issue to AMD. Also I found an interesting setting which could have been affecting my system but I am not sure about it. An option called debug in advanced options was enabled by default in ms config which I have now disabled. I don't know why it enabled by default even if I have no debugger attached to my system. The error is still there but Microsoft has recommended to disable it so I disabled it.