Arunashamal

Reputable
Jun 7, 2017
I have an HP computer that is on a bootloop (preparing automatic repair> diagnosing PC >restart because windows update screwed it again. I need to save the data in it, however the drive is encrypted with BitLocker now when I go to reset this PC it gives the message "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue, but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC"
I cannot go to the command prompt window to enable admin account, because you still get the above message.
I cannot use the ubuntu to save the data, because you can't access the disk because bitlocker.
I can't use aninstallation medium to access the disk, because bitlocker.

So is there a way to disable bitlocker without needing to login to windows?
Or can I enable and admin account without having an admin account?

Is there anything I can do to save the data and re install windows?
There are multiple chicken or the egg loops going on here, If anyone has any idea to fix this it would help.

USAFRet

Titan
No.
And even if there were, the data is encrypted. You cannot access it without the proper BitLocker credentials. That is the whole point of the encryption.
It is not bypassable.

I need to save the data in it
This is specifically what backups are for.

Solution
I have an HP computer that is on a bootloop (preparing automatic repair> diagnosing PC >restart because windows update screwed it again. I need to save the data in it, however the drive is encrypted with BitLocker now when I go to reset this PC it gives the message "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue, but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC"
I cannot go to the command prompt window to enable admin account, because you still get the above message.
I cannot use the ubuntu to save the data, because you can't access the disk because bitlocker.
I can't use aninstallation medium to access the disk, because bitlocker.

Or can I enable and admin account without having an admin account?

Is there anything I can do to save the data and re install windows?
There are multiple chicken or the egg loops going on here, If anyone has any idea to fix this it would help.

There are several ways to get into a disk that's encrypted using another system, but all that needs to have a backup of the encryption key which does not sound like it was saved.