[SOLVED] Bootloop, keyboard doesn't work.

i76700hquser

Reputable
Jul 3, 2019
Hi, so I was trying to install Windows 7 on my Ryzen PC, unfortunately on the 2nd reboot it showed "Starting Windows" and then it froze and rebooted, it shows the boot menu, I tried to select Windows 10 Home on the boot menu but the keyboard wasn't responding, and it doesn't light up, and ultra fast boot is enabled in bios so I can't get into it.
The PC now reboots in loop to Windows 7, freezes, shows the screen that Windows failed to start, tries to boot, freezes, and just like this.
Is there anything I can do to force my PC to boot to Windows 10/bios or make the keyboard work?
I tried another keyboard and that one lighted up but still didn't respond.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Solution
unplug all ssd/hdd. go into bios, turn off fast boot.
plug the ssd/hdd back.
Thanks, but thankfully, I could solve it without opening the computer.
Here are the steps:
  1. I powered on the computer.
  2. Right before the dual boot menu appears, I pressed the reset button on the case, I repeated this another two times, and it disabled ultra fast boot for this boot only.
  3. I kept pressing the keys to enter the boot menu, and selected Windows Boot Manager.
  4. Now, I rapidly selected Windows 10 Home and it booted normally.
  5. The rest I did was restarting holding shift, went to the Change UEFI Settings option under troubleshoot, booted to the bios, and disabled Ultra Fast Boot, but I could just entered the BIOS in the first place...

i76700hquser

Reputable
Jul 3, 2019
unplug all ssd/hdd. go into bios, turn off fast boot.
plug the ssd/hdd back.
Thanks, but thankfully, I could solve it without opening the computer.
Here are the steps:
  1. I powered on the computer.
  2. Right before the dual boot menu appears, I pressed the reset button on the case, I repeated this another two times, and it disabled ultra fast boot for this boot only.
  3. I kept pressing the keys to enter the boot menu, and selected Windows Boot Manager.
  4. Now, I rapidly selected Windows 10 Home and it booted normally.
  5. The rest I did was restarting holding shift, went to the Change UEFI Settings option under troubleshoot, booted to the bios, and disabled Ultra Fast Boot, but I could just entered the BIOS in the first place and then disable it normally.
Moral of the story, always disable ultra fast boot when dual booting or your USB ports won't power on until the boot process is done.
Thanks for trying to help.

Last edited:
Solution