[SOLVED] Bootloop no bios

Jan 7, 2022
Hello everyone,

My gf's pc was getting slow so i decided to upgrade hers with my old parts.
We're going from :
AMD A10 APU
Gtx 1050ti
8 gb ddr3 ram
450w psu

To:
i5 6600k
rx480 8gb
8gb ddr4 ram
same 450w power supply

Yesterday i put all the parts in and connected all the neccesary power supply connectors.
But when i powered on the pc all i would get was 10 seconds roughly of the pc turning on then it would reboot. The motherboards emits a solid orange light. Nothing appears on screen. Just sounds of the pc.

I have tried:
-Checking if all connectors are properly seated (cpu ,cpu fan, case fan, gpu, 24pin, power switch,sata connectors)
-Unplugging all components except for the cpu and cooler
-Unplugging all components except for 1 stick of ram
-Using different ram slots and ram sticks from my own pc
-removing cmos battery
-using a different 450w power supply.

What else could be the problem?

Solution
450W is the advertised wattage of the PSU, you will need to state the make and model of the unit as well as it's age. What is the age + make and model of the different PSU you'd used to troubleshoot the pseudo new platform?

As for your platform migration, did you reinstall the OS after you dropped the Intel parts into the rig/case? If by wattage alone, your PSU is not up to the task since the RX480 needs a 500W PSU(or higher if you want to factor in headroom). You forgot to mention the makes and models of both motherboard's used.

Lutfij

Titan
450W is the advertised wattage of the PSU, you will need to state the make and model of the unit as well as it's age. What is the age + make and model of the different PSU you'd used to troubleshoot the pseudo new platform?

As for your platform migration, did you reinstall the OS after you dropped the Intel parts into the rig/case? If by wattage alone, your PSU is not up to the task since the RX480 needs a 500W PSU(or higher if you want to factor in headroom). You forgot to mention the makes and models of both motherboard's used.

Solution
Jan 7, 2022

Okay the old motherboard is an MSI A68HM GRENADE, new one is the Gigabyte Z270M D3H

As for the power supply's
Old ( my old one ): Corsair vs450 75-001835
My gf's : Corsair vs450 75-003435

I don't remember exactly how old my old power supply is but i guess around 3-5 years old

The new one is just about a year old.

If by reinstalling the OS you mean installing windows, no i haven't. I thought you could only do that if it boots.

What's also weird is that i ran my rx 480 pretty much flawlessly with the 450 psu until i upgraded my pc. But i guess i could try pulling my 750 psu from my current build to rule out a underpowered psu.

Jan 7, 2022
Okay the old motherboard is an MSI A68HM GRENADE, new one is the Gigabyte Z270M D3H

As for the power supply's
Old ( my old one ): Corsair vs450 75-001835
My gf's : Corsair vs450 75-003435

I don't remember exactly how old my old power supply is but i guess around 3-5 years old

The new one is just about a year old.

If by reinstalling the OS you mean installing windows, no i haven't. I thought you could only do that if it boots.

What's also weird is that i ran my rx 480 pretty much flawlessly with the 450 psu until i upgraded my pc. But i guess i could try pulling my 750 psu from my current build to rule out a underpowered psu.

Could it be a dead cpu?

Jan 7, 2022
Okay i pulled out my cpu again.
Turns out there were bent pins after all, tried bending them back and got them perfectly aligned again. Now the bootloop goes every 10 seconds roughly. Should probably buy a new mobo shouldn't i?