Question [Solved] Bootloop win10 BCD after Windows Update

Karyean

Honorable
Jun 20, 2014
[SOLVED] ENDED UP doing a clean reinstall.

After updating my windows to version 1809, and restarted my computer, my computer had been in boot loop.
It would load onto the windows logo and then say undo the recent changes...and then I see cmd popping up and it would restart.

I have a media creation tool and booted from there.
Also I don't know if my BIOS is in UEFI - I cant seem to find it in my BIOS. But I ended up booting from my USB using F12.
I also cannot press F8 to go into safemode either.

Everytime I try to do a system restore it would say: To use System Restore, you must specify which Windows installation to restore. Restart this computer, select an operating system, and then select System Restore

And I ended up going into cmd and did the bootrec, but only bootrec /fixboot was had an error of element not found.
I also tried the diskpart, nothing seems to work, I made them all active since nothing was working...

It seems like my bcd is damage or what not

What can I do to get out of bootloop and return to my computer?

Boot configuration data for my pc is missing or contains errors - is what it says as well when I start my computer now.

What can I do? Am I doing something wrong in these steps?
Do I really need to clean reinstall my windows?
Everything seems like a mess ):

Specs if needed:
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
• Motherboard: GigaByte Z68A-D3H-B3
• Intel 160GB SSD (Windows 10 installation on here)
• WDC 1TB HDD, 7200rpm (DISCONNECTED)

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Which version of your BIOS are you on at the moment? The latest? System Restores don't do anything in reality. I would suggest you perform a reinstall of your OS after creating your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.

Karyean

Honorable
Jun 20, 2014
Which version of your BIOS are you on at the moment? The latest? System Restores don't do anything in reality. I would suggest you perform a reinstall of your OS after creating your bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.

I'm sure I have the latest version of BIOS.
Well, I wanted to system restore back when I didn;t update windows - didnt install them at all.
It was working fine until the update.
I also tried uninstall feature/update when I was trying to repair, says it cannot be done.

Yeah, I have my USD with Windows media creation tools on it - was trying to repair my windows through that, since I couldnt get into advance boot without it.

I guess, theres probably lots of boot errors for some reason...before all this, it was normal D:

Thanks! I want to try to see if anything works before a clean reinstall. Have to much files to move.