Not open for further replies.
Jun 19, 2020
I have a
gigabyte aorus b450 pro wifi
Ryzen 2700x
16 gb ddr4 g.skill 3200 flare x
Msi 1660ti gaming x
850w PSU Corsair
I was watching YouTube and downloading a file a week ago and suddenly I got a bsod "system thread exception not handled..." Then it would get to bios and attempt to load windows but get the same bsod. I have replaced the memory (previously was Corsair Vengeance lpx 32 GB set). I took the motherboard back to the seller under warranty and was told they booted fine into windows. So it's not the board. I applied new thermal paste to the CPU. I installed new ssd (assuming the old was corrupt) still nothing. I can get I to bios but if I attempt to boot from USB to install windows I get the same bsod. What could be causing this?

Jun 19, 2020
Took my PC to a have diagnosis done and they said it was the memory. They were 2 brand new modules. So I replaced them started up the PC and right after bios I got a kmode thread exception not handled. The bsod seems to bounce between kmode thread exception not handled and system thread exception not handled. I called him and he said bring it in again today. Is there anything I can say to him? Could it be the Mobo? Like one of the slots? What else can cause these two codes? Any advice. The PC sad is empty. I can't even boot from USB to install windows without one of these bsods.

Jun 19, 2020
Yup the latest bios is f50 for my board and I turned the xmp profile1 on. Still get the bsod... system thread exception not handled. What confuses me is that there is nothing on my ssd and I can't boot from USB to install windows.

Jun 19, 2020
Thanks I'm returning it to the tech now. I told him exactly what I did and told him that I think it's the CPU or Mobo. Both have "no hassle" warranties. I asked him to make sure because I was getting tires of bringing my PC home only to have the same exact bsod. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: rgd1101
Jun 24, 2020
I'm in a very similar situation -- I can get past the bios but once Windows starts to load my computer crashes immediately. Wasn't even able to load up a Windows USB drive for a reinstall. I've found I can get into Windows by turning off turbo for my Intel chip from the bios. Let me know what happens with yours, I'm unsure if it's the CPU or mobo for myself and I've been stuck on this for a week. Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.