[SOLVED] Bootlooping after moving

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Aug 23, 2019
I moved about a week ago and I tried firing up my pc and its bootlooping. I wasn't the one what loaded it into the car (my dad did) so he might not have been careful with it. When I power it on everything turns on. The graphics card lights turn on and fans spin, my cpu fan turns on and lights on my motherboard turn on. I have tried unplugging and unplugging in my ram. Any resources, general info on diagnostics and possible solutions would be greatly appreciated
Motherboard: Asus z170 a
Gpu: Asus strix gtx 1070
Cpu: i7 6700k
Ram: corsair vengeance 2 8 GB sticks
Storage: Samsung 850 evo
Psu: evga supernova 650 gs
Case is cooler master master Mastercard pro 5
CPU fan: cooler master hyper 212 evo

Edit: I timed the bootlooping and it powers on and runs for 20 seconds, powers off for 4 then turns back on and runs for 20 and so on. From what I can tell it's the exact same duration every time

Last edited:

timbroslice

Prominent
Jun 13, 2019
how is that related to his problem!
BEFORE YOU OPEN THE CASE MAKE SURE PC IS UNPLUGGED FROM POWER OUTLET wait couple minutes before touching anything inside the case.if you see lights on motherboard try different monitors and different cables connect only to gpu .
Because bad cables and monitors don't cause boot loops.
CPU mounting damage or something caused by rough handling could
I'm just trying to root out all possibilities. OP is planning to rebuild the PC anyway.

Greg Gregorich

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2014
Because bad cables and monitors don't cause boot loops.
CPU mounting damage or something caused by rough handling could
I'm just trying to root out all possibilities. OP is planning to rebuild the PC anyway.
he pass boot loops allready !

Yep. It's running now so it's not boot looping I'm just not getting any display. Maybe I'll try a different pcie slot on the motherboard