Question Bootlooping Z68 motherboard from Gigabyte, tried everything, still bootlooping

Nov 22, 2021
Hello!

I have a really old Motherboard, an Gigabyte ga-z68ma-d2h-b3 Revision 1.3, the BIOS was really old so i decided to update it to latest Beta BIOS which i needed in order to boot from GPT, unfortunately it started bootlooping once in a week, and i was able to stop it by booting to Backup BIOS with power button method, later I decided to tweak settings for my i7 to speed it up so the i7 won't bottleneck with my RX580, after setting the voltage to 1.4V 48 Multiplier, the Windows was bluescreening, so i tried to tweak it again, but the Keyboard didn't want to power on startup, so i took out the CMOS baterry, after placing it back it started bootlooping.

Things I have tried:
  1. Booting to Backup BIOS with power button method.
  2. Booting without any CMOS baterry.
  3. Shorting two pins below case panel pins.
  4. Shorting the Main BIOS chip to boot to Backup BIOS.
  5. Replacing the CMOS baterry.

Please help, I have no Desktop machine to work with! I need to get this PC working ASAP.

Nov 22, 2021
I can boot to BIOS sometimes, but it shows only "Gigabyte DualBIOS" text thing on top and restarts after a while

I also tried one RAM stick (Kingston), didn't work either, my memory sticks are mixed though.

PSU: Bandit Power ATX-550 (yeh i know a bomb, i have a FSA 500W which should work if this one explodes)

CPU: i7-2600k 3.5GHz -> 4.8GHz (5GHz booted fine earlier?)

RAM: Mixed RAM 10GB, Kingston, Hynix, Microstar

GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 4GB (8GB Mod)

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS