BOOTMGR image is corrupted. System cannot boot

imesunny

Commendable
Aug 25, 2016
I installed Linux mint alongside Windows 7. Installation was successful and after reboot I couldn't find windows 7 in the grub list.
I tried this
sudo os-prober
sudo update-grub

And then I found windows 7 in the list. But when I click on it I get a message which says
BOOTMGR image is corrupt. System cannot boot.
Please help! Thank you.

Solution
This works for me: put in your Windows 7 installation disk (assuming you have one). Boot computer from disk. Use the "repair your computer" option. It may fix the broken BMR. I have to do this whenever I delete a Linux OS form a drive that also has windows on it. If that doesn't work, a Macrium Rescue CD will do the trick. Of course you need to be on a Windows computer to create it, but it's free with the free version. It has never failed me.

michael diemer

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2013
This works for me: put in your Windows 7 installation disk (assuming you have one). Boot computer from disk. Use the "repair your computer" option. It may fix the broken BMR. I have to do this whenever I delete a Linux OS form a drive that also has windows on it. If that doesn't work, a Macrium Rescue CD will do the trick. Of course you need to be on a Windows computer to create it, but it's free with the free version. It has never failed me.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS