Bootmgr missing. Cannot install Windows XP

Thejas Krishna

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
Heyy !!! I hv a Toshiba laptop with Windows 7 preinstalled in it. The system was really slow. So i decided to remove the Windows 7 and install Windows XP. I used Ubuntu Live CD to format the drive having Windows 7.

But now after doing all that I'm getting Bootmgr missing error. I even removed all partitions, completely wiped out all the data using GParted n yet this error is not going. PLS HELP !!!! I'm frustrated trying diff ways !!

Thank youuuuuuuu !!!

Solution
You're probably going to wind up contacting Toshiba. Dumping W7 in favor of XP was not a smart move even if I worked. In s few months XP will be unsupported and drivers are already becoming scarce. If you have a W7 disk you can try re-installing it or you can download an .ISO from the web. Either way you will need a valid key which you will have to buy if you didn't think ahead and extract it from your original W7 install. IMHO Toshiba probably has their BIOS linked to the HDD boot manager to prevent you doing just exactly what you're trying to do.

ram1009

Distinguished
You're probably going to wind up contacting Toshiba. Dumping W7 in favor of XP was not a smart move even if I worked. In s few months XP will be unsupported and drivers are already becoming scarce. If you have a W7 disk you can try re-installing it or you can download an .ISO from the web. Either way you will need a valid key which you will have to buy if you didn't think ahead and extract it from your original W7 install. IMHO Toshiba probably has their BIOS linked to the HDD boot manager to prevent you doing just exactly what you're trying to do.

Solution