• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question BOOTMGR MISSING

LDavis213

Prominent
Nov 15, 2018
Windows 7 fails to boot up and says boot mgr missing.

I can get into bios and set hard drives for startup. SSD with windows 7 is set as primary.

windows 7 disc too old to repair or reinstall

combinebasic

Reputable
Dec 23, 2015
Your computer can't load the startup files because the boot manager is damaged. You can download the Windows 7 tools from Microsoft and create a startup tool using the USB flash drive. Once you have your USB flash drive, first boot it in your BIOS and save your BIOS settings.

Your computer will load the startup files using the USB flash drive, once you're prompted in repair click that repair button and follow the onscreen instruction. If there are options to repair startup files click on it.

You can use also one of the options of the menu called use command prompted. And use the command chkdsk /f/r/x. This will repair the startup problem of your computer.

Reactions: anceintsz

LDavis213

Prominent
Nov 15, 2018
Your computer can't load the startup files because the boot manager is damaged. You can download the Windows 7 tools from Microsoft and create a startup tool using the USB flash drive. Once you have your USB flash drive, first boot it in your BIOS and save your BIOS settings.

Your computer will load the startup files using the USB flash drive, once you're prompted in repair click that repair button and follow the onscreen instruction. If there are options to repair startup files click on it.

You can use also one of the options of the menu called use command prompted. And use the command chkdsk /f/r/x. This will repair the startup problem of your computer.
Hello. That’s great. I did install windows 7 on USB and a disc, but that didn’t work.
Could you post a link to the startup tools needed?
Thanks.

LDavis213

Prominent
Nov 15, 2018
As long as you have your licence you can download windows 7 from microsoft.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows7

Lazesoft has a small recovery iso you can write to cd/usb to start and do the windows recovery,while it is a paid app it has a free version for home users that works fine.
Hello. Sorry for the late reply. I just recently installed windows to a USB and disc. Neither worked. But I found out thru a comment that I can download windows tools to repair.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Windows 7 1
P Windows 7 2

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS