BOOTMGT IS MISSING

taniabot

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013
Hello,

I build my own computer, following the guides and the information I found online. When I finish putting all the parts together, I went to install Windows 7 to the computer. All started well, asking me for the language, time, keyboard information. I went to the next screen where it was giving me the option of where to store windows. So I selected my hard drive and then it started copying files. When it hit "Copying the files". It stood on 0% for a while, giving me the error code: 0x80070017. So I reset the computer and went thru the process again, ang gave me the same results. At some point when I reset the computer, then the BOOTMGR is MISSING screens appeared, and to press CTL, ALT & DEL to restart. And it's seems I can't get past that.

I attempt to re-write the DVD at 4x speed, since that DVD was handed to me by a friend and I really don't know anything about the DVD. Nero started copying the DVD, and at few percentage into copying the DVD, it pop up a message like it cannot read it. Is it possible that the BOOTMGR is MISSING screen appeared because of a faulty DVD? I did update the BIOS of the motherboard... I have been reading over a few information about this BOOTMGR screen over the Internet, but I just can't seem to figure out what's going on in particular with my custom built computer. I ordered a Windows 8 copy and I am waiting to arrive, but I am not even sure if this will fix the problem. Honestly I don't know anything about computer or verbiage used, I just did a good research on how to build a computer and I have learn quite a good amount of information doing this.

Thank you for any help!

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
this from the poster ( I attempt to re-write the DVD at 4x speed, since that DVD was handed to me by a friend and I really don't know anything about the DVD. )i It seams to me that is a copy and maybe he is not having the license number except the on is friend use. Not shure if we should still help ? let see if a mod could look at this post .