Boots fast, loads startup programs slow. Losing my mind.

Pristal

Reputable
Dec 16, 2014
I have tried everything. Restores, driver restores and installs, virus scans, boot-time scans, clean installs of drivers, bios updates, disabling startups and re-enabling them. I can't think of anything I haven't done yet, and this stupid problem still remains.

I run my Windows 8.1 off a Samsung 840 EVO SSD, there should be close to 0 delay with launching start-up programs. In fact, there wasn't until recently. The updates I installed aren't the issue either, because after a system restore to before they were installed and I do a reboot it encounters the same sluggish startup program loading.

What happened when I turn off PC to go to bed and turn it on again the next day (today):

Fancy in-case lighting all comes on
Load screen for CyberPower PC loading BIOS and whatnot
Windows comes up to desktop (dual monitor, extended displays)
First two programs load (GeForce Experience and System USB assistant from Windows for my external HDD)
...nothing. I see nothing load up for almost a minute or two.
Skype, Razer Synapse, Avast, Bluetooth, Intel RST, Steam and CCleaner, and Killer Wireless all load in like normal after the delay.

What the issue is:

This has never happened before until recently. Why all of a sudden is there now a 1-2m delay between my first program loading and then the others? I can't be sitting around all this time with a PC this powerful being only a couple of months old. Speaking of, here's some specs:

i7 4790k @ stock
Corsair H110 Cooler (working fine, I might add)
16GB 1866 Corsair Vengeance RAM
Samsung 840 EVO 240GB SSD
WD Blue 1TB HDD
GTX Titan X 12GB GPU
Gigabyte Z97X Gaming-7 Motherboard (Bios Version F6; there's an update but not sure if I should grab it?)

Anyone, help me. Please. .-.

Pristal

Reputable
Dec 16, 2014
Nvidia Stream service was doing it...just disable the GeForce experience/nvidia stuff to start-up in your msconfig and bam, back to normal. I can't believe it was this easy. x.x

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/857772/geforce-experience/latest-geforce-experience-slow-windows-startup-bug-fix-/