Boots until desktop then turns off.

Jul 3, 2018
My computer will start up normally get to my desktop, then crash. If i try to start it up again it will turn off in 1-2 seconds,.. if i leave it for like 10 mins it will boot to desktop again.

now this sounds like a overheating problem to me, but the times it does stay on, the temps read normally

couple other tidbits, CPU_fan flucuates between NA / and something under 1000. (however i am water cooled so this should be happening). Also CHA_FAN3 flucuates between 1377 and 1655555(not joking).

Sometimes it will boot to the recovery screen and will stay on that screen(aka not shut off). i have done a system restore already. Once i leave that screen and proceed to windows. will turn off one i get to desktop.

Specs:
Watercooled
550w PSU
gtx 960
AMD fx 6300
16gb ram
Windows 10

Been trying to solve this myself for the past few weeks.
- Havent tried swapping out the PSU / Watercooled system as i don't have a back up. any ideas before i go out and buy some new hardware?

Jul 3, 2018
I have tried 1 stick of ram in different slots (tried both of my rams)

Tried taking gpu off and booting off igc.

Swapped out psu.

Reapplied paste for my water block.

Unpluged hdd to see if that was the problem.

Re inserted cpu chip.

Reset cmos

Replugged everything.

I tried these all one at a time. I feel the only thing left is to try a cpu fan (even though my temps read fine) but because it turns on for 20 seconds then turns off and if i turn it on right after that it stays on for 1-2 seconds it sounds like overheating to me. Only other thing i could think of is motherboard