Bootscreen Bootloop, need help !!

kunowbiX

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014
Hi, i just rebuilt my pc with only the hard drive being left. So basically, I've changed everything except for the HDD. Now after I set up everything I'm now encountering an endless bootloop. It show the BIOS message then proceed to the bootscreen then after 1-2 secs it will reboot, the same thing happen over and over again.

I'm guessing that it is because of my HDD because my new mobo supports 6gbps and my hdd is 3gbps.

But of course correct me if im wrong. I need help. Thanks.

kunowbiX

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014

no, i normally boots until bootscreen then after 2 secs it will reboot.
The HDD is from my previous pc, with all my files. I'm using the old copy.

kunowbiX

Honorable
Jan 25, 2014

thanks for the quick reply. May I know the reason behind it? And also, will my HDD work as 6gbps or 3gbps?

The Windows drivers are installed for your old system, so it fails to boot. You'll get a ton of registry and driver issues even if it did boot.

The SATA speed makes no difference. If the drive is SATA3, it will just transfer at the lower rate to the SATA6 port. Pop in a Windows CD into the DVD and it should boot fine.

xcrossroadsx

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Just for a little more information:
What Alec said is pretty much spot-on. Windows will attempt to load the chipset and storage controller drivers for your old Motherboard, then crash when they don't match up with what you have installed. Just so you know, if you are able to boot into safe mode (which uses default Microsoft drivers as opposed to what was installed through Windows Updates), you can run sysprep located in %windir%\system32\sysprep which basically resets windows to OOBE, where you create a new account and password. What this also does is uninstall the drivers that Windows uses in normal mode, allowing you to boot and install the correct drivers. Even though this can be done, it is definitely better to restore the computer to a fresh install, as even though the drivers could be resolved, there are plenty of programs, settings, and registry entries that would be invalid and could cause tons of issues down the road.