fredd0

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
Maybe i should be more specifik, if i try to boot windows it goes blue on me 2 seconds after the "loading logo" shows, and if i insert a windows CD and try to format or reinstall it doesnt find the disk. Ive tried several bootdiscs with antivirus programs and some other ***, like rewriting the mbr and the bootsector, but it just doesnt seem to work, everytime i try something it just says device not ready or tells me that it doenst exist. DAMN VIRUS!

ubernoobie

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
That's what you get for downloading a virus. Try getting a new hard drive and that should fix your problem. Hopefully you do not mess up the new drive as well.

4745454b

Titan
Other then you writing the word virus, I don't see anything that points to that. It could be a virus, but it sounds more like you lost your drive, which could be for many reasons. Does it still show up in the bios? If so, can you boot into safe mode?

fredd0

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
I got this error on an old drive, and assumed it was dead, so after i got a new one and installed windows 7 i figured i would try to save the old one by connecting it, and tada the new drive got the same issues as the old one, i presume this is a virus, never heard of contageous crashes. Yes i can se the drive in bios, but i cant boot windows, it goes bluescreen whatever i try to do! And i cant format in windows install or reinstall because it doesnt show the drive there...

fredd0

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2009
I solved the problem by using killdisk, did a low level format and wrote 0´s to the complete harddrive.