Borderlands requirements

G

Hello,
i have an HD4200 and it plays bioshock great, but i wanto to play borderlands and it says GeForce 8 series... do u think my HD4200 will play it well?

An HD4200 is not going to play Borderlands "well". At low resolution, you can probably play with lowered settings if it works.

I played Borderlands @ 1920x1080 with a GTX 260 and wasn't pleased until I went SLI (2 x GTX 260) to improve frame rates. It looks cartoonish & cheesy but it can be somewhat demanding.

The HD4200 series is definitely not a mainstream gaming GPU. Because it's an onboard video setup, most games will state straight up that they are not recommended to be played (nor support) onboard graphics. The game states a GeForce 8 series aftermarket Graphics Accelerator, which is a card you install in your PC, and is much more powerful.

You might consider adding an Add-In GPU.

G

Thanks for the help. I just went to wikipedia and it says "ATI 3000 series"... so maybe it will play it good enough. Thanks again.

Keep in mind there's a difference between "ATI 3000 series" and a 3xxx mobile GPU. :) 3000 series would mean something like a 3850.

Whether it works or not, it won't perform very well. Onboard graphics just plain can't cut it for gaming purposes. Especially Intel GMA graphics!!! :)