[SOLVED] Bose Quiet Comfort 35 II (QC35 II) Headphone Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterYoda327

Reputable
May 26, 2019
I have a pair of Bose Quiet Comfort 35 II headphones. I am a little old fashioned in my music listening since I prefer a wired headphone connection while listening to music. I am not a big expert on headphones either. I have not used the Bose App for the headphones and do not have the app loaded on my smartphone. Out of curiosity, with the headphones switched on without the audio cable attached, I pressed the buttons and switches on the headphones to see what happens. Most of the time I got a voice message saying to download the Bose App.

My questions are:

1. Did I in anyway or form change the settings on my headphones even though I have not used the app or used any other Bluetooth device with it? If yes, does it impact the audio quality?

2. In relation to question one, if any settings were changed on my headphones accidentally, would they in any way or form impact the sound quality or settings of the headphones when listening to audio in wired mode using an audio cable?

3. Even if I used the Bose App or other Bluetooth methods to wirelessly connect my headphones to a Bluetooth capable device, would the audio or any other settings on my headphones be altered in wired mode as a result of the settings in the Bluetooth mode?

Like I said, I am not an expert on headphones.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
  • All buttons but the power button are disabled in wired mode.
  • The headphones still need to be charged to be used in wired mode.
  • ANC can work using the power button in wired mode.
  • Onboard sound processing and codec support are disabled in wired mode.
  • Bluetooth codes are old AAC/SBC only. SBC needs to be used in Android to avoid issues.
  • The Connect app will have limited functions in wired mode, with one of the last firmware updates adding a sleep timer.
  • The Connect app is rather unreliable in Android, it's buggy and crash happy especially in Android 11.

Does that answer your questions?

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
1. No

2. Will it change the default settings? No. Will it sound the same underwired? Refer to 3.

3. Wired mode bypasses the internal DAC and Codec support along with the sweet tuning they have under Bluetooth so yes it sounds different which isn't all that impressive. All buttons besides Power also do not work, to get ANC to work under wired mode you have to hit the Power button to toggle it on and off. 😕

MasterYoda327

Reputable
May 26, 2019
Thank you for the response. I just want to confirm whether or not I understand your information correctly.

1. Pressing the buttons on the headphones when the Bose App or other Bluetooth capable setup is not present does not change anything on the headphones and the sound quality stays the same in wired mode both before and after I press the buttons.

2. The sound quality changes only occur in Bluetooth mode through the Bose App or other Bluetooth connection and those settings only apply in the Bluetooth mode.

3. Whether or not I make changes in the audio settings in Bluetooth mode through either the Bose App or other Bluetooth connection, the wired connection sound quality will sound the same because the wired connection either skips or does not interact with the internal components associated with the Bluetooth mode. In wired mode all buttons but the noise cancelling mode button are disabled.

Am I understanding your information correctly?

Thanks.

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
  • All buttons but the power button are disabled in wired mode.
  • The headphones still need to be charged to be used in wired mode.
  • ANC can work using the power button in wired mode.
  • Onboard sound processing and codec support are disabled in wired mode.
  • Bluetooth codes are old AAC/SBC only. SBC needs to be used in Android to avoid issues.
  • The Connect app will have limited functions in wired mode, with one of the last firmware updates adding a sleep timer.
  • The Connect app is rather unreliable in Android, it's buggy and crash happy especially in Android 11.

Does that answer your questions?

Solution

MasterYoda327

Reputable
May 26, 2019
Those tips should be good enough to answer my questions. If any other questions related to my headphones pop up, I will mention them.

My only other question is how did you know I use an Android phone? Lol.:LOL:

Thanks again for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts