Bose QuietComfort 25 - how to get mic working

Dustin_19

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016
Hello all. I have Bose QC25's with a single jack with the 3 rings. I bought a converter to split my single 3.5mm jack into two, one for mic one for headphones. I also bought the OMTP converter.

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get both the sound and the mic to work on Win 10. I have Realtek audio, an EVGA x99 micro2 motherboard for soundcard.

Any ideas on what I can do? I've looked everywhere in both realteck and default sound settings for hidden devices. I've try different jacks and different lines in.

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you!

I've read the following and have the hardware. I still cant get it to work.
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2020493/bose-quietcomfort-mic-working.html

Lutfij

Titan
1| If you've plugged the splitter to both the headphone/lineout(green) and the mic(pink) ports then the issue will be with your device.
2| Have you tried installing the latest drivers for your soundcard by downloading them from their support site? Please be sure to update your BIOS to the latest version if that is pending.
3| If nothing works out for you the only possible solution is to go for a dedicated soundcard since the OS has been known to produce the same issue on system's that sport the Realtek onboard audio chip. Apparently the drivers cannot communicate with the device nor the OS.

chrisp909

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012

I just got the Quiet comfort 15s from Costco to use on VOIP calls at my noisy office. My laptop has a singe jack, I don't need a splitter and I can't get my Dell to recognize there is a microphone.

I use ear buds that work on my Galaxy on my laptop, skull candy and Bose but the QuietComfort do not work.

I've been to the Bose site and it doesn't seem like they support PCs. The interesting thing a splitter was included with the QC 15. Why would they include a splitter if they don't support devices that the splitter would be used on?

Just to make sure I covered all my bases my dock has the audio in and out separated so I docked it and tried to use the supplied splitter; no joy.

This should work. The pin is the same on the phone and laptop. It seems like Bose would have had to do something to make it NOT work.

Lutfij

Titan
In essence the splitter is included to support devices that have stand alone headphone and mic ports. Since this post is made in Windows 10 section the issue can and most probably will be with the drivers and the audio chip handling audio duties.

TRENDING THREADS