Question Bose Smart 600 soundbar help

Smash mouse

Reputable
Oct 27, 2019
Hello all was wondering if anyone could help me with an issue or give advice. I just got a Bose smart 600 soundbar and i am using it as my pc speaker. Right now i have it connected via Bluetooth but there is a noticeable delay. I would like to get the use of the Dolby Atmos out it but that requires using the HDMI port on the speaker and well i am having trouble figuring out hot to get my computer to read it as a soundbar. Right now i am running a duel monitor set up with both monitors being plunged into my GPU by DisplayPort cables. I have tried now a few time to get this to work right but idk if it can work at all or what i might need to do or if it would be best to retune this model for one that is better suited for PC use

Last edited:

Smash mouse

Reputable
Oct 27, 2019
Do you have an optical port for your sound on your pc? You can try using that. That speaker is really for tv sound and all of it's different sounds Dolby, Atmos, as you know. What is your pc build, maybe we can help you with a dedicated pc speaker system instead?
Sadly my mother board dose not have an Optical connector built into it.
I am running a R5 7600X with 128GB of Gskill ram on windows 11 on a ASUS x670E- Plus wifi tuf gaming motherboard and a XFX 6800 XT GPU