Both Dban 2.3.0 and Killdisk can't boot on my new PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Want-to-know-more

Commendable
May 7, 2016
It's odd. My bootable Dban dvd disc could work at my old computer, despite the failure of new one. I also burnt the Dban dvd again and it was continued to fail. And I also tried Killdisk which is an another wipe software from booting, still failed.

It shouldn't be either HDD's or DVD's problem, because I already tried it, inserted the old HDD which is completely working fine with the DVD in my old pc to my new pc, and it failed either.

So, I seriously doubt the problem is from my new motherboard that a super trouble maker to me recently. Comparing to a old motherboard which was made 8 years ago, this new one shouldn't have any problems to work with the recent software, I believe it, however it doesn't. More and more troubles than you think. I feel a little exhausted.

Anyway, I couldn't Google it out and I even went to bother the poor people in the forum of the motherboard manufactory. (S)He explained that as long as I already booted into the DVD, it shouldn't be motherboard's problem. I did can read the first boot screen of Eban or Killdisk, anyway they both failed to go to next step.

However, even though that person sounds like reasonable, I still doubt my motherboard. Because same HDD, same DVD and same DVD drive, also, even it sounds ridiculous, the same sata II cable! If the motherboard is not the problem, whom should be? Sighing , too much things I don't know.

By the way, Dban showed

"cat: can't open '/proc/cmdline': No such file or directory",

from my other post, a helper point out it means my dvd might be damaged. however after I burnt DVD again and tested, this might be the meaning of the sentence, but probably not the real reason why DVD can't use. And here is my Killdisk showing:

"Invalid Opcode at bla-bla(too long, don't want to type)"

Solution
I know you posted this awhile ago, but you could create a bootable USB stick using Killdisk. Ive done this several times using Killdisk Professional and it works fine
Status
Not open for further replies.