[SOLVED] Both download and upload speed drop after resetting router | TC7200.20

g770647

Commendable
May 27, 2018
I have a TC7200.20 and since last night the download and upload speed dropped from 50mbps (Download speed) and upload speed 3.1mbps to 19mbps for download and 1.87mbps for the upload. Sometimes it drops even lower as low as 5mbps for download and 0.8mbps for upload. Now if you might ask did I pay for the packets, YES I did. But since I restarted the Router yesterday things went downhill from there. I still haven't called the ISP yet, so if there is anything I can try to fix it myself I would appreciate to know if not I'll just go to the ISP and let them fix it :)

Solution
Are you experiencing these speed drops on one platform or more platforms? If i's a desktop or laptop, might want to make sure you're on the latest BIOS update, then try reinstalling your chipset drivers, then reinstall your wireless/wired networking adapter's drivers.

If all of the above don't provide any returns(or is the same) then I think you're going to need to call your ISP and inform them of what has happened.

Lutfij

Titan
Are you experiencing these speed drops on one platform or more platforms? If i's a desktop or laptop, might want to make sure you're on the latest BIOS update, then try reinstalling your chipset drivers, then reinstall your wireless/wired networking adapter's drivers.

If all of the above don't provide any returns(or is the same) then I think you're going to need to call your ISP and inform them of what has happened.

Solution

g770647

Commendable
May 27, 2018
That fixed it. It was not the router it was the ISP they had some technical issues.

Also whoever has the same issue just wait for like a night and it will fix itself since its all up to the ISP. DON'T TOUCH THE ROUTER!

TRENDING THREADS