[SOLVED] Both HDD and SSD that I newly got have *all* S.M.A.R.T parameters at Worst values possible

SomeGuyonTHW

Reputable
Oct 9, 2020
Hi.
Somethings very wrong here.
Basically ALL of smart values (Indicating good things or bad things) are at Maximum possible on both drives. How would I know the actual info?

It's getting pretty annoying since I got another app called "Hard Disk Sentinel" that also shows S.M.A.R.T values.

Spin up time, Read error rate, write error rate, seek error rate, power cycle count, temperature, spin retry count (Everything even "Power-on hours") are ALL at maximum possible. (Current & worst values for everything is the same) which seems pretty glitchy to me, as I got these drives Newly 2-3 month ago at most, so far I've been doing stuff without any errors, windows error checker also doesn't display anything, all these while both health status are "GOOD" how is that GOOD when I have 200/200 error rate? lmao.

smart has gone nuts? if yes, what would I do to get CORRECT information? I don't know anything else other than smart... thanks

Solution
Would recommend you start backing up your data. Any drive can fail at any time.
I also do have Hard Disk Sentinel app to monitor the condition of my drives. I rarely find the app to go haywire.

Usually though I wouldn't recommend strictly trying to interpret S.M.A.R.T. values (you can if you want to) to ascertain your drive's current health, but the manufacturers of drives have different conventions for how to interpret it and that info on how to do it isn't generally available to the public. I only use the software to track power on/off times, age of the drive and how many writes, done to my SSD and detect any spin up problems with HDD. The app saves me from having to install multiple drive monitoring software from each of the...
Would recommend you start backing up your data. Any drive can fail at any time.
I also do have Hard Disk Sentinel app to monitor the condition of my drives. I rarely find the app to go haywire.

Usually though I wouldn't recommend strictly trying to interpret S.M.A.R.T. values (you can if you want to) to ascertain your drive's current health, but the manufacturers of drives have different conventions for how to interpret it and that info on how to do it isn't generally available to the public. I only use the software to track power on/off times, age of the drive and how many writes, done to my SSD and detect any spin up problems with HDD. The app saves me from having to install multiple drive monitoring software from each of the different manufacturers of the drive (i.e. install Samsung Magician to monitor Samsung SSDs, install Sabrent's rocket control power software to monitor sabrent SSDs..., etc.)

So I recommend, just leave it as it is. If your drive breaks down under warranty, have it returned and replaced. Always have your data back up.

Solution
how is that GOOD when I have 200/200 error rate?

These are the normalised values of each attribute. They can be interpreted as a health score. The attribute begins life with a health score of 200. As the drive ages or develops errors, this value falls. If it falls below the threshold, then this attribute is considered to have failed.

The raw value of each attribute reflects the actual error count, power on hours, spin up retries, etc.

Another parameter you can check in HD Sentinel

You say you got the drive 2-3 months ago (So that's 60-90 days)
If the drive is indeed new, the estimated power on time of the drive should be around within that time frame. If the value is > 90 days, then you bought yourself a used drive under the false pretense that it was new.