[SOLVED] Both laptops are dead

Mar 22, 2020
Sun. O3.22.20 - I know Windows updates have had issues lately. Could an overnight Windows auto-update over the weekend have killed BOTH laptops?

I have two laptops in our home office. Both were charged and fine on Friday. Mine was plugged in, running. Wifes was charged, turned off. This evening both are dead and the start button does nothing.

I don't think it's a power issue. Neither has ever had any issues. I pulled the battery on both + power button drain. No change.

Is it Windows?

Solution
Could there be a chance the wall outlet got switched off, maybe a cat or dog knocked cord out of wall? Is there a light on the power brick "if it has one"

Kinda really weird if both died at the same time. I would start with making sure power is getting to chargers first.
Could there be a chance the wall outlet got switched off, maybe a cat or dog knocked cord out of wall? Is there a light on the power brick "if it has one"

Kinda really weird if both died at the same time. I would start with making sure power is getting to chargers first.

Solution