Question Both my 200mm case front fans are not spinning ( cooler master h500m)

Aug 19, 2020
I just assembled my brand new pc and got everything up and running. But I'm having 2 seperate problems with air cooling.

the first problem is : both my 200mm front fans of the cooler master h500m are not spinning at all, I cheked BIOS and I found them detected as "system fan 2" and "system fan 3" (with "system fan 1" beeing my rear fan and "CPU fan" is obviously my cpu fan)

both of the system fan 2 and 3 are put at DC mode, 7.2 V and with smart mode turned off. And the RPM of each of the front fans is 0 while the rpm of the rear fan is around 980 and the CPU fan around 1370.

so I'm really lost and freaked out as I don't understand why both front fans are not working.

the second problem is : when I'm putting minimal stress on cpu, (for example a simple download) the cpu fan ( arctic freezer 34 esports duo ) starts doing some abnormal loud and pingy sound ( I'm not talking about how loud the sound is, I'm talking about how abnormal and strange it is, it sounds like it's gonna break at any moment)

this is saddening me, any help or suggestion would be so so appreciated ...

I'm using the msi b450 mortar max MB, the CM h500m case and as for cpu, cpu cooler, gpu : ryzen 5 3600, arctic freezer 34 esports duo, amd rx 5700 xt

Aug 19, 2020
my Moba : msi b450 mortar max doesn't have any 3 pin port on it (I double checked). and I remember having left a header written on it "MSI or ASUS or ASROCK" and another header written on it "Gigabyte" both unplugged. Please tell me what should I do ?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
my Moba : msi b450 mortar max doesn't have any 3 pin port on it (I double checked). and I remember having left a header written on it "MSI or ASUS or ASROCK" and another header written on it "Gigabyte" both unplugged. Please tell me what should I do ?
Did you change BIOS settings on the fan headers? you should of done nothing just plugged them into a fan header.

Can you post some pictures of fan connection and when you've pligged them in the board?

Just want to be sure you're not ugging the 5050 rgb cables from the fans into the board headers.

Like I said, you have 2 cables from each fan, the fans cables are 3 pin, the rgb cables are 4 pin.