[SOLVED] Both new systems won't boot. x470 Ryzen 3000 setup.

Nov 13, 2018
I bought all new components to build myself and my wife new pc's. I started by putting hers together and had everything in the case and hooked up. When I powered it on all the lights and fans came on but nothing output to the display. No boot beep or error beeps (Yes I have a speaker connected to the board). So I've gone through and done all the basics unhooking all the excess stuff and just trying the basics, mobo, psu, cpu, and one stick of ram. Same situation. Everything lights up and fans spin, but no beep. No post.
I then go ahead and remove everything from the case and breadboard it on top of my mobo box. Same thing. I try the PSU for my new system and same thing happens. So I'm thinking its a motherboard problem. I pull my new mobo out move all the parts onto mine. Same thing happens on my mobo. Lights and fans go on but no beep, no post. Okay, well maybe its the cpu. So I take my new cpu and put that in and try it. Same thing.
This cycle continues. Now I'm not sure what the problem could be. I doubt I got multiple faulty parts. So now I just have all these new parts just scattered on my table and not sure what to do from here on out. Neither board wants to give me any type of error beeps.

The mobos: Asus Prime x470 Pro and Asus ROG Strix x470-F
CPUs: Ryzen 3600x and Ryzen 3700x
PSUs: EVGA Supernova 650 G3 80 Plus Gold 650W and the same but 750W
Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x8gb 3200mhz and Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 2x16gb 3200mhz

Not sure why I can get any type of response from the boards. But if anyone has had this type of issue and have any insight, it would be much appreciated.

Solution
Did the motherboard box have a sticker saying theyre Ryzen 3000 ready coz if not they'll need the latest bios. Take both assembled PC's to a shop for them to update bios with a 2nd gen cpu or buy a cheap 1st/2nd gen cpu and update bios for both boards yourself.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Did the motherboard box have a sticker saying theyre Ryzen 3000 ready coz if not they'll need the latest bios. Take both assembled PC's to a shop for them to update bios with a 2nd gen cpu or buy a cheap 1st/2nd gen cpu and update bios for both boards yourself.

Reactions: louis.cortez95
Solution
BIOS update needed for 3rd Gen Ryzen CPUs in non-x570. Either borrow an older CPU from friends, family or colleagues, buy an older one online (expensive), or take out a loaner CPU from AMD https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100#faq-Short-Term-Processor-Loan-Boot-Kit. Alternatively, if you bought the motherboard from an actual shop, take it back to them with the receipt and try to get them to update it for free.

Nov 13, 2018
Well since i can be impatient and the only pc shop near me would be geek squad. I just bought a ryzen 3 1200 for $65 with same day delivery. Hope this works as i was getting really frustrated. Hopefully will be able to return it as well. If not having a backup processor isn't to bad.

Jul 14, 2019
Well since i can be impatient and the only pc shop near me would be geek squad. I just bought a ryzen 3 1200 for $65 with same day delivery. Hope this works as i was getting really frustrated. Hopefully will be able to return it as well. If not having a backup processor isn't to bad.
amd is offering a bios update kit if you can prove your board needs it.