[SOLVED] Both of My $2000+ Up To Date PC's Shut Off When Gaming

Dec 8, 2022
Hello everyone,
For a while now my PC has been shutting off when playing games; I figured that this was due to a damaged CPU socket and ended up buying a new motherboard, however that motherboard has not arrived yet, so I have been trying to play games on my laptop instead. Unfortunately I have the exact same issue on my laptop, within about five minutes on flight sim or around 15 mins on call of duty MW (the new one) it shuts off just like my desktop. Keep in mind both of my PC's are fairly up to date with my desktop having a I9-9900k, RTX 2080ti, good cooling, and 64GB of DDR4 ram, while my laptop is the Alienware m17 R5 Ryzen Edition with a Ryzen 9 6900HX CPU, a RX 6850M XT GPU, and 32gb of DDR5 ram. Along with that, after contacting dell support for the laptop they ran diagnostics found nothing wrong with my hardware, so they told me to just reinstall windows and try again. That did not fix my problem, neither did reinstalling drivers and performing nearly every troubleshooting step I could find on the internet. Its extremely unlikely that both my PC and brand new laptop are damaged and even less likely for them to be behaving in the exact same way due to damage. I am at a complete loss on what to do, I'm leaning towards windows causing this issue (possibly shared settings) because I have no third party software on my laptop but I don't know for sure. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Solution
The issue has been resolved. I replaced the motherboard on my PC and it now works perfectly, no more crashing issues. As for my laptop I sent it into dell, and it also had a broken motherboard, after repair it now works perfectly. For any of those experiencing random shut offs when doing processor intensive tasks such as gaming, inspect your motherboard and CPU it very well could be the issue.
Dec 8, 2022
The issue has been resolved. I replaced the motherboard on my PC and it now works perfectly, no more crashing issues. As for my laptop I sent it into dell, and it also had a broken motherboard, after repair it now works perfectly. For any of those experiencing random shut offs when doing processor intensive tasks such as gaming, inspect your motherboard and CPU it very well could be the issue.

Reactions: Why_Me
Solution