Question Both of my monitors randomly go black

Jan 20, 2021
Sometimes when I'm browsing the web, both of my monitors will randomly go black for a moment. I have also noticed that when I play minecraft, my bc will randomly blue screen with a corrupted driver error. I have just installed windows on a new nvme ssd, and have owned this exact system for about a year without this problem happening. I have already DDU'd the drivers once. What should I do to fix all this?
System specs:
Ryzen 7 3800x
RTX 2070 super
16gb G-skill ram 3600 Mhz (running at 3200 mhz, it has problems running at the full speed. I believe it is faulty)
500gb nvme SSD (samsung 970 evo)
1tb sata SSD (samsung 860 qvo)

tecmo34

Administrator
Have you gone into the Nvidia control panel and changed the Power Management setting to High Performance? This seems to resolve most of the random "black screens" for a few seconds issues with Nvidia cards when at idle.

Your random blue screen can be from the RAM, specially if you already suspect that to be the case since can't run at speeds.

Jan 20, 2021
Have you gone into the Nvidia control panel and changed the Power Management setting to High Performance? This seems to resolve most of the random "black screens" for a few seconds issues with Nvidia cards when at idle.

Your random blue screen can be from the RAM, specially if you already suspect that to be the case since can't run at speeds.
Thank you for reminding me, I had forgotten to change that when I reinstalled windows. The problem hasn't happened for over 30 minutes but I'll post an update on it.
I was really hoping I wouldn't have to change out the ram, I just don't have the money for it right now. I plan to replace them as soon as I can.
EDIT: I just got the black screen again while I was watching YouTube, the power management fix didn't work

Last edited: