[SOLVED] bottlekneck

xrafael95x

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2015
If all you play are older titles, like CSGO, Minecraft, Far Cry, etc., then no.
For the more recent titles, it isn't the greatest pairing, nor is it the worst.

You will be better with a 7600k but as this good fella says its not the worst cpu to pair with the 1080 neither the best, it will be bottlenecking in tomb raider assaissns creed odisy and origins, title that require a good cpu

A quad core/thread is basic entry level these days and will limit performance in cpu heavy games regardless of gpu choice.
You will be better with a 7600k but as this good fella says its not the worst cpu to pair with the 1080 neither the best, it will be bottlenecking in tomb raider assaissns creed odisy and origins, title that require a good cpu
If all you play are older titles, like CSGO, Minecraft, Far Cry, etc., then no.
For the more recent titles, it isn't the greatest pairing, nor is it the worst.
Thanks for your replys you guys it not much I know my main pc is a then now however I was wanting to do a little side project and I have a i5 7400 layong around now and was contemplating using a 1080 with it however I'll go ahead and sell it with a nice pairing mobo for it and upgrade a little... Any recommendations on a multi screen split gaming setup.

When throwing partys I have to take my computer out of my room and set it up on the tv in the living room to playing split screen games with everyone. Like need for speed, halo, cod "for my lame friends who cant aim", battlefield, and etx

xrafael95x

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2015
Thanks for your replys you guys it not much I know my main pc is a then now however I was wanting to do a little side project and I have a i5 7400 layong around now and was contemplating using a 1080 with it however I'll go ahead and sell it with a nice pairing mobo for it and upgrade a little... Any recommendations on a multi screen split gaming setup.

When throwing partys I have to take my computer out of my room and set it up on the tv in the living room to playing split screen games with everyone. Like need for speed, halo, cod "for my lame friends who cant aim", battlefield, and etx

For multiscreen setup, do you mean by using your pc like 2, or a normal pc but playing split screen because you can use your pc and make 2 out of one,you use 2 monitor 2 keyboard 2 mouse etc, in order to do so you need a good cpu a 2700x or a 3700x depends on your budget.

Now if you mean playing split screen in a single monitor/tv forget about waht i say above and get a ryzen 1600af, its cost almost 100$ some places sell it at 85, but you need to change the mobo

For multiscreen setup, do you mean by using your pc like 2, or a normal pc but playing split screen because you can use your pc and make 2 out of one,you use 2 monitor 2 keyboard 2 mouse etc, in order to do so you need a good cpu a 2700x or a 3700x depends on your budget.

Now if you mean playing split screen in a single monitor/tv forget about waht i say above and get a ryzen 1600af, its cost almost 100$ some places sell it at 85, but you need to change the mobo
Thank you so much no it's not a 2 in one pc I'm talking about just split screen like on a Xbox. And thank you so much I will go ahead and get the 1600af sounds loke the better option at this point I was able to sell the 7400 in literally a minute on eBay for $150 with a nice pairing mobo. I will use that to buy the cpu, and tomorrow look for a mobo to go with it

Reactions: xrafael95x

mkaafy

Reputable
Jan 14, 2020
Just in case, if your current motherboard supports only 6th/7th generation of Intel CPUs, You should wait for 4th generation of Ryzen CPUs and build a new gaming PC, instead of upgrading the CPU to i7 7700k (or something weaker) which is too overpriced, old and not a good idea these days. Even now, you can build a PC with, say, Ryzen 7 3700X which has 8 cores, 16 threads with much lower price.