Bottleneck Cpu or bad card?

Krys_krs

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016
Hy guys im new to tom'shardware. nice to meet you all!
My pc setup is :
gigabyte z97 hd3 -- MOBO
gtx 1060 Strix 6GB -- GPU
I3 4130 -- CPU
Corsair vengeance 8gb ddr3 1600mhz -- Rams

Im playing gta 5 with everything maxed out, but without extended scaling distance etc, or everything on *Advanced Settings tab*
Why do i have 34-40 fps? my cpu bottlenecks that hard my gpu ?
In game stats are almost everytime
-----------------------------
GPU USAGE 41%
CPU USAGE 99%
Framerate : 35-45
-----------------------------

If i upgrade my cpu to an i5-4690K should i see a considerable boost of performance from 35-45fps to 80fps? because i see so many youtube videos with Gpu's Like mine with i5 running on 85 fps easly

in this screenshot i managed to get my gpu to 90% and why still low framerate? can someone tell me what is happening ?
http://i.imgur.com/DMtW2KU.png

CircuitDaemon

Honorable
Feb 23, 2016
It's just for some games that your cpu will be a bottleneck. But that has nothing to do with de GPU. That's just a stupid theory people have around here. Open world games are more CPU intensive (such as your case with GTA). Your CPU usage proves that. But regardless, I'm sure that testing other types of games will produce better results and it will depend on how much you value performance on this game in particular as you won't benefit much in other scenarios.

Krys_krs

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016
Thank you circuitDaemon for your answer, i know it has nothing to do with my gpu, but my question is, why my gpu doesnt go over 50%? and cpu 100%?if i upgrade my i3 to an i5 4690k, will be ok? it wont bottleneck anymore?
i will see a big improvement in frames per second? because i dont really have too much money to upgrade my CPU. only if i get over 40% performance improvement i will make the sacrifice to upgrade my CPU,

CircuitDaemon

Honorable
Feb 23, 2016
As I said, it's a matter relative to the game. The only way to know what kind of improvement to expect, is to search for benchmarks and reviews where they use the hardware combination you want to buy. Even after that, there's no way to tell for sure if the GPU will get a 99% usage as games don't work like that. If you had a 6th gen i7 and the same GPU, you would still see some situations where the GPU wasn't being used at its full potential, but that's because of how games work, their engines, the specific part of the game you are playing and drivers. There's a lot to consider, but in general terms, just look for videos of people using the 4690 and a 1060 to see how it will perform. But I insist, this is something you'll only really notice in open world games, I'm not a big fan of GTA games so I wouldn't really spend much on them.

Krys_krs

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016
thank you for your answer, i usually play open world games GTA,Witcher,etc, and im a big fan of GTA series, i've searched on youtube benchmarks for gta 5 with different cpus and same graphics card . the difference between I34130 and i5 4690k was insane, from 38fps to 94, and yes maybe because the game its CPU INTENSIVE , in games like tomb raider i didnt noticed any bottleneck . Thank you for your answer again!

st3v30

Admirable
One thing you can try to get more FPS is to reduce population density to 0 and set Frame scale to 1.500 in advanced Option.
Yes 4690k will give you nice boost, also you can try to look into used parts, i think for the same price of new 4690k you can find used i7 4770.

st3v30

Admirable
If you have opportunity to test it before buy it would be good, cuz CPU will ether work or not.Try to find some pawn shop in your area maybe there you will find good one and you can give your old for reduced price.

Krys_krs

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016
i live in romania wich is a poor country, we dont find here buy-back services , we cant test Cpu's or other components, here its like jail, U buy it and thats it! u are not able to test it or do something to see what fits for you the best. and here second hand products are almost more expensive then new ones, A lot of idiots on Second-hand market, asking for an overprice for their products because theyr product have *SOMETHING SPECIAL* . sadly, i have to ask you guys here about opinions ...

TRENDING THREADS