[SOLVED] bottleneck help needed

Solution
I think they will work well together.
A CX 550 should be enough....but maybe google CX550s....there were some with a certain color label that people said were junk.
Non-modular means the cables (wires) come directly out of the PSU with no plugs connecting them to the PSU.
Modular means you have plugs and jacks at the PSU so you can disconnect all the cables from the PSU.
I have no idea what semi-modular means.
The CX550 is enough. Some CPU intensive games might see some bottleneck, but it wouldn't be a huge issue. Modular means the PSU cables can be removed so you don't have extra PSU cables stuffed in your case, because there is almost always extra cables you don't use. Semi-modular means only some of the cables can be removed, but you will still have a couple extra that will be there attached and inside your case.

I think they will work well together.
A CX 550 should be enough....but maybe google CX550s....there were some with a certain color label that people said were junk.
Non-modular means the cables (wires) come directly out of the PSU with no plugs connecting them to the PSU.
Modular means you have plugs and jacks at the PSU so you can disconnect all the cables from the PSU.
I have no idea what semi-modular means.

Solution
Jan 2, 2019

Which one should I get? (non or semi modular)
I'm getting sapphire rx 580 nitro+ 4gb edition not 8gb, do i need both 8 pin and 6 pin connectors or only one and if my psu doesn't come with those connectors do I only need to buy the connectors or do I need a new psu?

I'd go with modular as it looks neater because you don't have extra cables dangling about.

I'm seeing the RX 580 Nitro requires an 8 pin and a 6 pin plug.

Most new PSUs will come with enough connectors.....but check just to make sure.

....and I would recommend Seasonic or Corsair (not CX or VS series).

With AMD GPUs like the RX 580 you are only required to use the single 8-pin but can use the 6-pin also for extra power and possible performance particularly when overclocking.

It's strictly up to your personal preference as to go with non-modular or semi-modular; non-modular should be cheaper but semi-modular would look neater inside your case.

Corsair CX (new/grey label) is fine for budget or mid-range gaming systems. The old green and orange labels had somewhat high failure rates when used in moderate or high-end gaming systems.

TRENDING THREADS