Jun 18, 2018
My Pc Components:
GPU: MSI GTX 1060 6Gb Gaming X
CPU: İntel Core i5-8400
RAM: 8gb DDR4 2133Mhz
MoBo: Asus Prime H310M-D
PSU: 600W
Monitor: 1920*1080 144hz 1ms
I have very low GPU usage when I play Battlefield 1. Also in Witcher 3 my GPU Usage drops to %60-%50, the same for PUBG sometimes. I think the problem is the GPU that I use..
-I have tried to:
*Updating BIOS
*Changing my CPU with another i5-8400
*Changing my RAM with better RAM (Corsair Vengeance 8gb 3000mhz)
*Uninstalling drivers with DDU
*Format
*Set Off Power Saving Options
*Playing game that downloaded to SSD
*Deep virus scans
*Deep health scan HDD
***There is nothing at background programs that using the CPU
I read some forums and comments. They couldn't solve the problem but they bought a new better cpu and they said it is solved now. Should I buy i7-8700?? Because really I can't solve that. Nearly 8 forums I have written and still nothing.
1500incip9230537.jpg

dghghjgj.jpg

953incif8254170.jpg

shmoochie

Commendable
May 10, 2018
What settings are you playing on? Both of those games are extremely core heavy, so you may have to turn off/down some of the cpu heavy options. An 8 core processor would probably fix it though if you are looking to blow some money. Those games also run a lot better with 16 Gb of ram, so you might look into that as well.

The gpu running at 60% is much more normal than each cpu core sitting at 100%

There is no such thing as "bottlenecking"
If, by that, you mean that upgrading a cpu or graphics card can
somehow lower your performance or FPS.
A better term might be limiting factor.
That is where adding more cpu or gpu becomes increasingly
less effective.

Some games are graphics limited like fast action shooters.
Others are cpu core speed limited like strategy, sims, and mmo.
Multiplayer tends to like many threads.

I5-8400 and GTX1060 are a good mid/high range combo.

If you need better graphics for fast action games, buy a stronger graphics card.
A quality 600w psu can run a card as good as a GTX1080ti. Prices are down on them so it is a good time to buy.

Most games need a strong master thread. Keeping your motherboard, the strongest processor your motherboard can support will be a I7-8086K.
It will need to run at stock since your motherboard does not support overclocking.
The i7-8700K will run higher at stock than a i7-8700 even when not overclocked.
A more reasonable cpu upgrade would be to combine a upgrade to a z370 based motherboard and an overclocked I5-8600k.

Lastly, if you will wait a bit, the 9th gen processors are coming out this fall.
If history holds true, you will get a 5-10% boost in performance over 8th gen at a similar prics.

Jun 18, 2018

Thank you for that long message dude. But look. GTX 1060 6Gb is not bad and i5-8400 too. But I have really bad fps. You can clearly see that. I have read some comments they said "I couldn't solve that and bought a new better cpu. It fixed now. No solution for that". That is the reason that I wanted to buy a new cpu. Also I'm living in Turkey, so you know... We can't buy a gpu now. Their costs increased around 100 dollars and it is a huge number for us :d Never mind. So what should I do for fix that FPS? You can check every single videos with this couple(gtx 1060 i5-8400) there is nothing like mine situation. Ofc I know it have not to be same but it can be similar though. I have became really bad dude. Nearly 2 weeks I'm searching for a solution but result is always a huge "nothing". I don't need better graphics. Just need good FPS. I am getting same fps while I am decreasing or increasing settings. SOMEONE HELPP!!

logainofhades

Titan

I don't think that a quality 600w PSU even exists. I wouldn't be the least surprised if the OP's is junk and not sending proper power to the system.

shmoochie

Commendable
May 10, 2018
Watch the videos Robert Ban's posted. They actually have the exact same issue. Based on those videos and some of Hardware Unboxed's similar tests, I think you have a faulty mobo. You will have to try that cpu with another mobo to be sure. You could also try flashing the BIOS to the newest version.

Jun 18, 2018

I think I'm gonna buy i5-8600k with a Z motherboard if a ram won't solve my problem.
First I m going to buy a ram (2x8gb)
If it won't solve problem then a new motherboard
After that i5-8600k
I hope ram can solve my problem

TRENDING THREADS