Bottleneck in my games?

Harrison_20

Prominent
Apr 20, 2017
I have a i5 6400 and gtx 1060 (6gb version) and I'm getting lag in a few games, is this bottle necking or something else? If so, should I upgrade to the i5 6600?

Solution
Some folks' internet connection won't handle their framerates because they are too high, and some folks connections are good enough to flood servers with attempts at 120 fps updates, and, oddly enough, not every 'server' (often just a PC hosting a game, in reality) has the bandwidth to service 32 players with 60-120 fps framerates. See if the computer feels sluggish with the single player game portion before assigning blame on cpu and/or gpu. You might just need to connect to a better server with a better connection.

Harrison_20

Prominent
Apr 20, 2017
I play all my games at 1440x900 (pretty low I know). I currently use my TV as my monitor since I was on a tight budget when I got my parts but I'm planning to get a proper monitor soon. I play csgo, COD WII beta, minecraft and RWBY. Could it be that I should upgrade my cpu or will changing the monitor make a change?

Some folks' internet connection won't handle their framerates because they are too high, and some folks connections are good enough to flood servers with attempts at 120 fps updates, and, oddly enough, not every 'server' (often just a PC hosting a game, in reality) has the bandwidth to service 32 players with 60-120 fps framerates. See if the computer feels sluggish with the single player game portion before assigning blame on cpu and/or gpu. You might just need to connect to a better server with a better connection.

Solution