[SOLVED] Bottleneck upgrade

JEJoll

Honorable
Mar 18, 2015
I'm currently running a Ryzen 7 1700x, GeForce GTX 960, 16gb DDR 4 on a gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 mobo for my gaming machine.

What should I upgrade? The video card, right?

Any recommendations? I'll have about 600 to spend, and would rather not switch the motherboard or processor, but I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks!

Solution
Yeah the video card would be a much bigger upgrade.

You can upgrade your CPU to a Ryzen 3000 series with a BIOS update and it would be a significant upgrade over the 1700.

Now if you want to upgrade the GPU or do both the GPU/CPU that would be up to you. Unfortunately both Nvidia and AMD new graphics cards are impossible to find because of pricks buying then reselling them at inflated costs so unless you want to get something last gen you wont be upgrading that GPU anytime soon.
Yeah the video card would be a much bigger upgrade.

You can upgrade your CPU to a Ryzen 3000 series with a BIOS update and it would be a significant upgrade over the 1700.

Now if you want to upgrade the GPU or do both the GPU/CPU that would be up to you. Unfortunately both Nvidia and AMD new graphics cards are impossible to find because of pricks buying then reselling them at inflated costs so unless you want to get something last gen you wont be upgrading that GPU anytime soon.

Solution