[SOLVED] Bottleneck with i5-9600k

Nov 26, 2020
I’m upgrading to a 3060/3070 soon depending on which one is available at a reasonable price to the public first. I just invested in a 360mm radiator AIO for my 9600k so I might OC to 5 ghz bc with the water cooling I am maxing at 40C while gaming. So with that overclock, will my CPU handle the new cards I am interested in, or is it a bottleneck.

Solution
I have a 1060 6GB FTW Gaming 3.0 right now. I know it will obviously insanely increase the performance, but all these things about bottleneck make me want to just make sure.

Overclock your CPU, enjoy your new GPU. If you play a game in which you are CPU limited and want greater performance, swap your 9600k for a 9900k and overclock that to 5.0 GHz. No need to plan ahead right now for an issue you might not have.
Nov 26, 2020
What GPU do you have now?

Swapping in a better GPU does not result in lower performance.

I have a 1060 6GB FTW Gaming 3.0 right now. I know it will obviously insanely increase the performance, but all these things about bottleneck make me want to just make sure.

Nov 26, 2020
"these things about bottleneck " are almost always nonsense.

Your system will run just fine, and do better than the current 1060.

Cool, I hope to get a 30xx soon it’s so annoying how scalpers are ruining the market. I almost got a 2060 because I had one at checkout for $250. But 30 series it is.

Overclock your CPU, enjoy your new GPU. If you play a game in which you are CPU limited and want greater performance, swap your 9600k for a 9900k and overclock that to 5.0 GHz. No need to plan ahead right now for an issue you might not have.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS