Bottleneck ?

mido22

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
hi every one i want to know if my cpu will be a bottleneck for my gpu i have amd athlon x2 250 3.0 ghz and i will get one of those cards 6790 , 7770 or gtx 550 ti so i will face a big bottleneck or not and i got a 17 inc display 1280*1024 60hz max and i will play games like bf3 gta4 and crysis 2and3

G

the graphic cards you are looking at will not be bottlenecked by your cpu, though if you are playing BF3 on multiplayer maps, the game itself will put a hurting on the little guy.

G

my SWAG would be to 3.3Ghz by raising your FSB and keeping an eye on your ram and temps. with a stock cooler i never have gone past a 10% on any cpu i have had.

there are a lot of good guides out there already that a google will help you find.

Because every processor is a bit different even though it's the same model you can not have two cpu's get to exactly the same max overclock. It also depends on the skill level of the person doing the overclock and how much patience he/she has because it's such a tedious process.
The maximum overclock will be when the temp cannot be dissapated enough to let the cpu function.