[SOLVED] Bottleneck

MoJReM

Prominent
Sep 10, 2019
Hello guys I have

Core 2 quad Q9450

GT 1030 GIGABYTE OC 2GB

RAM 8GB

I found that at most of games my processor usage goes at 98% and graphic card always at 30% so I don't have money but I can buy GTX 750 now so do you suggest it for me and do I can install it on my G41 S2PT MB and do I will have bottleneck again ? If you think about any graphic card can be good please tell me the only thing I can change is my graphic card.

Solution
I think now, you have a relatively well balanced combination of cpu and gpu.

Changing to a lesser graphics card will increase the "bottleneck", the limiting factor will now be the lack of performance on the graphics card.
Conversely, changing to a stronger graphics card, you will now increase the "bottleneck", the limiting factor will then be the lack of cpu capability.

What is your objective here?
For better gaming, you probably need to change out both the graphics card and the cpu.

If you will change out the gpu, that is easy to do.
What is the make/model of your power supply?
That will be what limits your gpu upgrade.
If you upgrade your gpu, make it a significant jump or you will be disappointed without a good jump in...

scallumal

Commendable
Sep 6, 2017
So do you can suggest any good graphic card for me?
Honestly there wont be any good ones for gaming that i can think of but what you can do is look on aliexpress for an old xeon and lga 1366 motherboard (u can get the xeon for about $10-$20 and motherboard for about 30 or 40) they run like an older i7 and you can get a six core one that will be good for gtx 1060 if u decide to upgrade later

MoJReM

Prominent
Sep 10, 2019
Honestly there wont be any good ones for gaming that i can think of but what you can do is look on aliexpress for an old xeon and lga 1366 motherboard (u can get the xeon for about $10-$20 and motherboard for about 30 or 40) they run like an older i7 and you can get a six core one that will be good for gtx 1060 if u decide to upgrade later

Let me try to explain for you the 1$ cost 17 in my country so I'm planning to buy a new PC soon Ryzen 5 2600x and GTX 1650 but for now I'm looking for a graphic card wouldn't bottleneck my pc like GTX 650 OR LOWER here's my question I'm so sorry for wasting your important time by the way

ZeroDollarBudget

Commendable
Sep 5, 2019
Hey there... so here's something that may or may not help you.

Essentially what is happening is your CPU is processing all of the game and frame data faster than your GPU can render it which results in that 90% (+/-) utilization of your GPU. Ideally, you want the roles to be reversed and have your GPU be the thing that's holding the system back as then you know your processor can handle whatever task it is you're trying to accomplish.

How to fix this? The easy answer is upgrade the CPU. But... where you're going to be building soon, I'd recommend just holding on to what you have as your GPU is more than powerful enough, your systems performance is just being held back due to the processor. Upgrading or downgrading the GPU will not change anything other than how the graphics card will handle applications... it has no effect on how your system is going to run things and it's clear that core 2 quad is met its match.

If you hate seeing that bottleneck, downgrade to something cheap and easy to get like a gt 710 or anything around a 650, 650 ti, or a gt 750 at most. Although, you can find older HD 5000/6000 series GPU's for dirt cheap!

MoJReM

Prominent
Sep 10, 2019
Hey there... so here's something that may or may not help you.

Essentially what is happening is your CPU is processing all of the game and frame data faster than your GPU can render it which results in that 90% (+/-) utilization of your GPU. Ideally, you want the roles to be reversed and have your GPU be the thing that's holding the system back as then you know your processor can handle whatever task it is you're trying to accomplish.

How to fix this? The easy answer is upgrade the CPU. But... where you're going to be building soon, I'd recommend just holding on to what you have as your GPU is more than powerful enough, your systems performance is just being held back due to the processor. Upgrading or downgrading the GPU will not change anything other than how the graphics card will handle applications... it has no effect on how your system is going to run things and it's clear that core 2 quad is met its match.

If you hate seeing that bottleneck, downgrade to something cheap and easy to get like a gt 710 or anything around a 650, 650 ti, or a gt 750 at most. Although, you can find older HD 5000/6000 series GPU's for dirt cheap!
So GTX 650 TI would be good for now tell I buy the new one

I don’t see any point in changing gpu. You won’t gain anything. The only downside of a cpu bottleneck is you have wasted money on a gpu you cannot fully utilise. Buying another gpu is just wasting more money. Hold onto your 1030 and save the money for a cpu/motherboard/RAM upgrade that will actually bring you a performance gain.

MoJReM

Prominent
Sep 10, 2019
I don’t see any point in changing gpu. You won’t gain anything. The only downside of a cpu bottleneck is you have wasted money on a gpu you cannot fully utilise. Buying another gpu is just wasting more money. Hold onto your 1030 and save the money for a cpu/motherboard/RAM upgrade that will actually bring you a performance gain.
The only thing I want to change is the bottleneck because I bought those things before 1 month so I can't buy the new one now maybe next 9 months or more because in my country it will be 13000$ for the new Pc also I want to thank you for your help if you can suggest me a good gpu wouldn't bottleneck my p I will be thankful and sorry for bad english

The only thing I want to change is the bottleneck because I bought those things before 1 month so I can't buy the new one now maybe next 9 months or more because in my country it will be 13000$ for the new Pc also I want to thank you for your help if you can suggest me a good gpu wouldn't bottleneck my p I will be thankful and sorry for bad english

Why not live with the bottleneck? Are you planning to send the 1030 back for a full refund?

MoJReM

Prominent
Sep 10, 2019
You can suggest me one and I will request it from the seller , The only thing I want is to make my PC not have bottleneck again thats all for now.

If your cpu is at 98% your gaming limitation is likely the cpu and not the graphics card.

As a test,
Run YOUR games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.

If you are cpu limited, there is nothing you can do except to upgrade the cpu.
Do not waste any money on a different graphics card.

MoJReM

Prominent
Sep 10, 2019
If your cpu is at 98% your gaming limitation is likely the cpu and not the graphics card.

As a test,
Run YOUR games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.

If you are cpu limited, there is nothing you can do except to upgrade the cpu.
Do not waste any money on a different graphics card.
I did but nothing happens but I think the thing I can do is to make the gpu not bottlenecking by exchange with older one and I will be able to save some money and have good performance without this problem

There is no such thing as "bottlenecking"
If, by that, you mean that upgrading a cpu or graphics card can
somehow lower your performance or FPS.
A better term might be limiting factor.
That is where adding more cpu or gpu becomes increasingly
less effective.

If you buy a lesser graphics card, your performance will be less.
How much less is unknown.
If you buy a stronger graphics card, your performance will improve, but again, not by much.

When you have a limiting factor such as a cpu, the only way to perform better is with a better cpu.

MoJReM

Prominent
Sep 10, 2019
There is no such thing as "bottlenecking"
If, by that, you mean that upgrading a cpu or graphics card can
somehow lower your performance or FPS.
A better term might be limiting factor.
That is where adding more cpu or gpu becomes increasingly
less effective.

If you buy a lesser graphics card, your performance will be less.
How much less is unknown.
If you buy a stronger graphics card, your performance will improve, but again, not by much.

When you have a limiting factor such as a cpu, the only way to perform better is with a better cpu.

I don't know if there a good couple for my MB

I think now, you have a relatively well balanced combination of cpu and gpu.

Changing to a lesser graphics card will increase the "bottleneck", the limiting factor will now be the lack of performance on the graphics card.
Conversely, changing to a stronger graphics card, you will now increase the "bottleneck", the limiting factor will then be the lack of cpu capability.

What is your objective here?
For better gaming, you probably need to change out both the graphics card and the cpu.

If you will change out the gpu, that is easy to do.
What is the make/model of your power supply?
That will be what limits your gpu upgrade.
If you upgrade your gpu, make it a significant jump or you will be disappointed without a good jump in performance.
I might think that would be a GTX1050 or better.

If you have some funds burning a hole on your pocket, spend it on a ssd for windows.

Solution

MoJReM

Prominent
Sep 10, 2019
stick with 1 thread
I have a - Core 2 Quad Q9400 2.66 2.67 Ghz and I'm planning to buy GTX 650 TI

The question is do it will bottleneck or no and thank you I want to play CSGO and PUBG MOBILE and fortnite on law resolutions I would like to know do I will get good fps and it will bottleneck or no

Remeca

Reputable
You didn't say how much ram you have, so I guessed 8gb to get these figures. First, Csgo and fortnite should run fine, 60fps+ at 720p even on medium, and some high settings, depends on how you tweak it (AA off, etc.) Pubg you don't come even close to minimum system requirements, with the CPU or gpu, so expect sub 30 fps at low res low settings, if it even manages to launch.