[SOLVED] Bottleneck

Dec 20, 2019
Hey i just want to ask if there's anyway to fix my bottleneck. My cpu and gpu has a very low percantage to bottleneck and i've had this problem for a while.

CPU: i3-8100
GPU: GTX 1060 3gb
RAM: 8GB DDR4 2400 MHz
Storage: 200gb SSD, 1TB HDD
Motherboard: ASUS z370-p
Powersupply: Cooler Master 500w 230v

Last edited:
Solution
The i3-8100 is essentially a slightly upclocked i5-7600, and, being just quad core/quad thread, is going to suffer from high cpu usage in most any game out int he last 3 years... Quad thread CPUs especially tend to suffer in minimum fps during action sequences... (As you must have some sort of 300-series board, perhaps you can find an i7-8700 for a good low cost, if lucky)

Additionally, the GTX1060 (3 GB) variant will normally be saturated by the 8100, with the exception of your CPU perhaps being partially strangled by a minimal RAM amount, and/or potentially running a single stick? (which would limit memory bandwidth to half the normal memory bandwidth, if so); the 3 GB variant of the GTX1060 is often overtaxed at 1080P /medium...
Dec 20, 2019
do you have any fps stuttering ?
it depends on game and settings
Yes I do, games like League of legends I don't feel any fps drops or anything but now I play Call of Duty - Modern Warfare. In the beginning though everything was ok, recently i've seen that my gpu isnt working alot.

The i3-8100 is essentially a slightly upclocked i5-7600, and, being just quad core/quad thread, is going to suffer from high cpu usage in most any game out int he last 3 years... Quad thread CPUs especially tend to suffer in minimum fps during action sequences... (As you must have some sort of 300-series board, perhaps you can find an i7-8700 for a good low cost, if lucky)

Additionally, the GTX1060 (3 GB) variant will normally be saturated by the 8100, with the exception of your CPU perhaps being partially strangled by a minimal RAM amount, and/or potentially running a single stick? (which would limit memory bandwidth to half the normal memory bandwidth, if so); the 3 GB variant of the GTX1060 is often overtaxed at 1080P /medium settings in most games...

Additionally, the GTX1060 (3 GB) variant will normally be saturated by the 8100, with the exception of your CPU perhaps being partially strangled by a minimal RAM amount, and/or potentially running a single stick? (which would limit memory bandwidth to half the normal memory bandwidth, if so); the 3 GB variant of the GTX1060 is often overtaxed at 1080P /medium settings in most games...

All of the above assumes of course, the monitor is plugged into the GPU, and GPU driver package is correctly installed and being utilized, vice using onboard IGPU from CPU/mainboard...

Last edited:
Solution