• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Pi Cast Episode 3 streams live on Tuesday, August 4th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Catch Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 6th at 2:00 pm ET (7:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question Bottleneck

Jul 1, 2020
i have a question i have a gtx 750ti and a i5 4570 cpu but i have a bottle neck but if i look on internet it says that it works perfect whit it i have also a 120 ftx so maybe thats the problem pls helpif i play fortnite i cpu usage is 100 en gpu 30 or 36

Jun 30, 2020
Try running fortnite on med to high settings to take stress off your cpu and on to your gpu. If it doesnt work try Restarting your pc.
Good luck!

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
i have a question i have a gtx 750ti and a i5 4570 cpu but i have a bottle neck but if i look on internet it says that it works perfect whit it i have also a 120 ftx so maybe thats the problem pls helpif i play fortnite i cpu usage is 100 en gpu 30 or 36
"but i have a bottle neck but if i look on internet it says that it works perfect"

Where did you look for this info?

Wolfshadw

Titan
There's a difference between a bottleneck (one component holding back another) and your system not able to perform. As mentioned, your I5 and GTX 750Ti are fairly well matched (not a bottleneck). I'd say you're expecting too much from them.

-Wolf sends

Jul 1, 2020
There's a difference between a bottleneck (one component holding back another) and your system not able to perform. As mentioned, your I5 and GTX 750Ti are fairly well matched (not a bottleneck). I'd say you're expecting too much from them.

-Wolf sends
Thank but my gpu usage is 30 when i wanna play a game abd if i am in YouTube its 5

In order to be most responsive, a resource should average perhaps 65%
Think about it. if you come to a grocery checkout line and all the cashiers are 100% busy, is that a good thing?

There is always a limiting factor in games. Usually cpu or gpu.

Here is a simple test:
Run YOUR games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
This makes the graphics card loaf a bit.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.

Reactions: King_V

King_V

Distinguished
And, to reiterate what's been implied: Bottleneck calculator sites are COMPLETE GARBAGE.

If anyone recommends that you use a bottleneck calculator, you probably shouldn't trust them to provide ANY helpful PC advice.

What does "vest performance" mean ?
( I think you mean best performance)
Does it mean higher FPS?
Does it mean fewer lags?

If your graphics card is constantly running at 100%, it means that your cpu is so strong that the cpu can not give it's best performance and run at 100%
There are surges and dips in any game's demand for cpu or gpu resource.
If one of those resources are pegged at 100% a surge in demand for that resource will slow down your game, waiting for that resource. 100% busy is not intrinsically good.

What counts is how satisfied you are with the performance of your game.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS