[SOLVED] bottleneck

Jul 4, 2020
i have the gpu: msi geforce gtx 1660 super 6gb and i want to upgrade my cpu.
I want to buy i7 10700 (10thgen) will it be a problem about bottleneck or i should be fine?.

Solution
It is fine.
The term "bottleneck" is one of the most misunderstood and misused concepts that currently exist.

And if you refer to something like The Bottleneck Calculator, I shall be forced to call in an airstrike on your location.

USAFRet

Titan
It is fine.
The term "bottleneck" is one of the most misunderstood and misused concepts that currently exist.

And if you refer to something like The Bottleneck Calculator, I shall be forced to call in an airstrike on your location.

Solution
Jul 4, 2020
hahaha i know that bottleneck calculator is <Mod Edit> xD
BUT RLY WHY THIS BOTTLENECK IS SO ****
e.x if i have the gtx1660super with i9 9900k still no problem?

USAFRet

Titan
just the cpu would not reach at his best perfomance.
but what will the perfomance be?
What the performance will be depends on a lot of things, primarily how the game is written and how it works.

Don't put off buying a better component because "OMG It will be a huge bottleneck!"
That is meaningless.

A better component can only increase overall performance, not decrease it. Be it the CPU or GPU or RAM or whatever.

InvalidError

Titan
Will X bottleneck Y? The slowest component will ALWAYS bottleneck the faster ones. Which one that will be and how bad the effect is will depend on a truckload of variables, it even varies between different parts within individual games.

There is no such thing as "no bottleneck", only bottlenecks that lie beyond the range that you are interested in.